Software
Houzz Logo Print
keetaduke

Floor color

11 years ago
We are building a house and are going with these brownish grey cabinets. This is a picture of the model home with the same color cabinets. They have a custom tile color that is beautiful but we would like to have the same floor throughout the house. We are looking into a luxury vinyl plank with a wood look. The last picture posted is what I initially wanted but my husband wants a barnwood brown floor. Any thoughts or suggestions? There is a new product called paradigm waterproof floor but I haven't found many reviews.

Comments (14)

  • 11 years ago
    Why not solid wood?
  • 11 years ago
    We have 2 large dogs and 2 small children. The floor company said wood would be a poor choice. Do you not agree?
  • 11 years ago
    And a pool
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    the color plank you show looks a bit off with the cabinetry color. You need something a bit more muted/ ashy.
  • 11 years ago
    What about this? I was afraid it would darken the room up too much
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    go with the lighter one.
  • 11 years ago
    Should we keep the countertops this warm granite color? Or go with an all white Quartz?
  • 11 years ago
    If it were me I would choose the all white quartz for a more modern look. I like the cabinets and the lighter wood look floor choice a lot. I think the white quartz is more unexpected and expensive looking (personal preference).
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    quartz for more modern look...so long as its a nice cream and goes with the cabinetry. if it's stark white it may clash. it should be warm and inviting. granite is going to be more traditional looking. however for resale value, most people usually recommend granite.
  • 11 years ago
    Is this a better option for floor color on the left. Here is the granite color option. Or the Quartz is all white one.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    The lightest floor (Trinity) is a nice option. It is a snick more traditional yet still inside the "trendy" gray/beige colours. It will have a warmer look than the other floors while still keeping the home open and airy feeling. I'm a fan of the granite but the white quartz will have a more modern feel to it.

    The gray cabs are fashionable/trendy which will help keep the home modern feeling. The Trinity floors would be a bit more traditional and the granite would be a bit more traditional as well. The three put together should offer a great transitional look. Lighter floors (especially in the Trinity colour tones) are easier to keep/maintain and they appeal to a much larger demographic as well. The Trinity will have a longer "life" when it comes to trendy colours. It will take a long time for it to go out of fashion. It is a bit more traditional which means it will take a long time for it to look "dated" (the dreaded "D" word in design).
  • 11 years ago
    Thanks everyone. I'll post pictures once I decide and they build it. I'm leaning towards the grey cabs, trinity floor, and granite. I love the idea of Quartz but I want it to have a warm earthy feel and not too modern.
    After its all up I'll post pictures and then ask for advice with the backsplash. I can't wait to move in!
    Thanks again everyone
  • 8 years ago

    Hi Keetaduke, did you end up installing the Trinity paradigm floor? I'd love to know if you're happy with the color and feel. I'm considering this option.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting