Software
Houzz Logo Print
ronnygoboom

I need your help please

21 years ago

Hi! My name is Ronny and I live in New York. I am a high school student located in Auburn taking a class called New Visions environmental Science as a senior at Auburn High School. I was recently given an assignment to use the internet to identify a certain plant that I found in a greenspace in the middle of Auburn called Metcalf woods: a wood that is densely populated with buckthorn and maple trees. The plant in question is exceedingly difficult for me to identify because it is similar to many other plants and i only have a small sample. It is a green dicot with leaves similar in shape to that of a maple but about an inch and a half in diameter and smaller. Its leaves are also serated about every half a centimeter and are spaced 2 inches apart from each other on a 3 millimeter stem. The leaves are also in pairs of 2 exactly opposite eachother. On the tip of the stem is a very small green seed pod containing seeds and resembling somewhat of a jester's hat. This 1 centimeter diameter structure also has small hair like fibers with almost microscopic hooks at the end, almost exactly like birdocks. The leaves as well as the stem are covered with a fuzzy coat of about 1 millimeter long hairs, but these are barely noticable. I greatly appreciate your time and hope you are able to help me. Thanks

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative Custom Closet Designer Servicing Franklin County