Software
Houzz Logo Print
patrick_in_fb

Attempting to post my first pic...

20 years ago

Thanks to encouragement from Paracelsus, I'm going to try to post a photo to see if I have the hang of this...

[IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e203/pmand02/cyclops.jpg[/IMG]

Comments (11)

  • 20 years ago

    Well, that didn't work. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? Photobucket has three boxes for each picture, 'URL', 'Tag' and 'Img' - maybe I'm using the wrong one?

    Any help would be appreciated... i'm an Internet moron.

  • 20 years ago

    youre using the wrong img tag.
    Instead of [img] try enlcosing all that inside (without the space after the first {{gwi:464007}}
    Photobucket includes this for you

    Heres an example:

    {{gwi:464010}}
    (see the Tag just right of the cursor arrow)

  • 20 years ago

    Patrick, which code to use depends on the internet site. Different sites require particular types of code to be used in threads. Here, full size images will be displayed using the 'tag' code that is automatically displayed beneath each pic in your Photobucket album. That is how usually post single images in threads.

    There is also a little check box next to each of your pics, and a button at the bottom of each page to "generate html and img code" that creates a new page with code for clickable thumbnails. Use the first line of code for use in this forum (html clickable thumbnails). This is useful if you have a whole bunch of photos to display and don't want to make pages load slowly for those with slow internet connections. They can then decide to click and wait for a full size image, or not.

    You should see your picture or thumbnail in the preview screen when creating a post here at GW. If not, check the code again before submitting. Once you firgure out which links work, it is easy.

    I saw some of your garden on another site and am glad to help. I want to see More of your 1/2 acre dry garden.
    {{gwi:464005}}Â Â

  • 20 years ago

    OK, let me try this again...

    {{gwi:464016}}


    {{gwi:464019}}

  • 20 years ago

    Yippee! Now I'm on a roll - let's try this one:

    Aloe ciliaris & Kalanchoe marnierana

    {{gwi:464022}}

  • 20 years ago

    Wow Peter, you painted your house!

    Greg and Maria were at your Garden Party last month.

    Here is his gardening site--Spectre' Jungle.

    -Ron-

    Here is a link that might be useful: Greg's Site

  • 20 years ago

    Dang! I mean Patrick! (I just sent an e-mail to a friend named Peter)

    -Ron-

  • 20 years ago

    What beautiful plants Patrick! Once you get the hang of it Photobucket is easy to use. The golden barrel cacti are pretty cool. I love your pics, nice nice nice!

    Jen

  • 20 years ago

    What wonderful plants you have! My A. ciliaris has never bloomed, just increased and tried to take over the succulent bed it is in. I was thinking of severely pruning it and relegating it to an obscure corner, but if its blooms are that beautiful, I think I'll try to treat it better. That's marvelous color in the aloe blooms in the top picture, too, and I am in awe of your golden barrel cacti.

  • 20 years ago

    Your garden is simply jaw dropping! It looks like a botanical garden. Very nice pic.

  • 20 years ago

    Beautiful pics Patrick,well worth waiting for!

Sponsored
AIS Renovations
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County, Ohio