Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hunterkiller03

Mice problems... Again!!

hunterkiller03
16 years ago

Disaster! A mouse built itself a nest in my pot of S. rubras. It tunneled through the soil and under them, eating through their roots and gnawed and damaged the rhizome. My rubra ssp alabamensis was damaged and I just bought it last year when I visited Peter DÂAmatoÂs nursery. I hope I can save it. The worse off was my rubra ssp wherryii, it ate through the main rhizome, but fortunately it left alone the side shoots. But damnÂ

WhatÂs worse, the little vermin dumped the soil on top of my Venus flytrapd and sundews, burying them.

The sales clerk at Home Depot looked up at me asking what did the mouse do. I bought several traps of different types and mouse poisons tablets. Talk about overkill but I intend of getting rid of these little vermins quickly. IÂm already familiar the damage they are capable in one single night and I know the little vermin is coming back to finish his job. It obviously its been walking over my sundews because most of them are damaged or have their traps shut.

My sister thinks IÂm making too much fuss over nothing, she sez that I can get more plants like these plants at any store. She doesn't get it. Sorry about this, IÂm just venting.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions