Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
figara_gw

Remember the monster brug?

figara
12 years ago

I've been traveling a lot lately and when I came back home I had the surprise to see that my monster brug decide to Y before it reached the gutter. Now, the sad part is that I will be leaving again around the 20st and most likly I would not see it bloom :-(

Pat

{{gwi:542338}} {{gwi:542339}}

Comments (12)

• Ament
    12 years ago

Whew! That *is* a monster! Hope you get to see blooms on your return... If you aren't gone too long. :)

~Tina

• karyn1
    12 years ago

I'd pick traveling over seeing a brug bloom any day of the week. Ask a neighbor to take pics and there's always next year. Enjoy your trip.

• eloise_ca
    12 years ago

Ah Pat, hope there are still blooms when you return.

• chena
    12 years ago

Karyn Maybe Tina can to you to So Cal.. Next time..LMAO!!!
    Pat I hope they hold out for ya!!! Get someone to take pic's so you will at least see something!! Hope you have a Great Trip!!

Kylie

• figara
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'll be leaving sooner than I thought and I'll be gone over 3 weeks.
    Darn, I was waiting to see it bloom for 2 years.
    I'll ask my son to take pictures but most likely he will foget to do it.
    Like Tina's daughter (just read her post in Karyn's thread)I asked him to water my plants while I was gone and he forgot to do it. So, not much hope.

Pat

• Ament
    12 years ago

Oh Drat Pat! 3 weeks... I wasn't even gone a full 2! Yoink! Dog didn't get bathed, plants didn't get watered very well, house wasn't kept very clean either! Kids I tell ya! LOL

Well, enjoy your trip Pat. Do you have auto watering you can set up? Can you afford it? They sell them at like Lowes and such, you can set a timer on them, so they water when you want it to. Unfortunately, you're unable to set them up for photos as well! ;)

If I were still in SoCal, I'd make a point to go find your beauty and at least water and photograph it while I was there. Sadly we're back here in Cold South Dakota! However, the beauty of home doesn't compare. :) I just cannot give up my lovely Black Hills for other places.

Enjoy your trip Pat, hope you bring back some more lovelies for you to enjoy, along with fun memories!

~Tina

• chena
    12 years ago

Put a post it note on his computer!! the Fridg. The bathroom mirror.. the Toilet Paper..LOL ;0)

Kylie

• Ament
    12 years ago

No Joke Kylie! Post-its everywhere! I should have done the same! LoL Too funny

~Tina

• figara
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ha ha ha.... I left notes on the kitchen counter to put the garbage out on Mondays and 'guess what?' he did not. I can not complain too much because he is a very good son in other aspects :-)

• Ament
    12 years ago

Och! Same thing here, she's wonderful mostly. Just very forgetful on some things. LoL Plants aren't a strong suit with her. She said to me that I have far too many. Which to me, still isn't enough! Haha!

~Tina

• mantorvillain
    12 years ago

Maybe it would work if you emailed or texted her every day?
    If you use outlook, you can 'presend' messages and schedule them to be delivered on a given date.
    Will

• Ament
    12 years ago

I should have done that Will, truly I didn't even think to. Haha!

~Tina

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County