Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazydogs

Weekend Trivia: Sunday

So, for today, some respite from having to think really hard (I never did figure out your question, Nancy).

Today, we are traveling. It is time for an adventure and this country offers plenty of that. Your first clue is that 5% of all known plant and animal species can be found here...and here alone.

Cynthia

Comments (27)

• thinman
    10 years ago

The answer is my garden.

There, that was easy.

TM

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    10 years ago

lol -TM. I am thinking of my kitchen sink, or another name for it....am I warm Cynthia?

Nancy. Who needs to go log in now!!

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    10 years ago

Hmmmm, somewhere tropical? Am I getting warm or cold.

Annette

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ha. I was planning to work in all the rain we had yesterday. The poor Kousa in our front yard was on an island yesterday! Then, come summer, the place is a desert. Sigh. When it is wet, our drainage is so awful that I feel as though I should take a snorkel along when I walk in the low areas. No reefs here though.

I bet any grandchildren out there could help with this one!

Cynthia

10 years ago

Now you've got me thinking tropical island but which one???

Annette

• thinman
    10 years ago

Would the grandchildren think of this because of a certain movie?

TM

10 years ago

Ohhhh TM, I think I know where you're going with that, you may have just nailed it. I'm going to ride in on your coattails :).
    I read a book awhile back about this place, about the goings on on an indigo plantation. Apparently that stuff really smells bad.

Annette

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This week in school, something about pirates came up and my kiddoes had no idea there really were (and still are) pirates. Too funny.

Sigh. I used my best clue too soon, it seems.

Cynthia

• mnwsgal
    10 years ago

Oh, no grandchildren so I don't keep up with Disney movies. Pirates bring to mind the coast of Africa and the Tom Hanks movie but I didn't see that either.

It must be an island though for the unique species to evolve.

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    10 years ago

I think that I get this, and it has 3 versions, I think. Love those penquins.
    At least I think that's where you're going. Don't call for help with your cable today - we are on the lines and it ain't pretty!! Lol

Nancy..

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Bobbie, you are on the right track. Deserts, rain forests, pirate cemetery.

I think I need to practice my French on a daily basis. It is so useful in so many places.

Cynthia

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    10 years ago

Yes, and the capital has a really long name, or is that a close neighbour?

There, I made it though the first day!! omg, I think my neck is 2" shorter than it was this am!!

Nancy.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here's another hint since all the clues I am thinking of are either stupid, absurd, or ridiculous or all three. It is the fourth largest islands on Earth.

Cynthia

• thinman
    10 years ago

Hmmmm, I can't tell if I am on the right track. The one I am thinking of is off the SE coast of Africa. (I had to look that up.)

TM

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I hope this doesn't make anyone Mad, but tomorrow you will need to wait until I get home from school for your stars-GW is not an approved website at school, so no access. Have to stop on the way to put Gas in the Car. Heehee. Pathetic, isn't it?

Yes, TM, you are definitely on the right track.

Cynthia

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    10 years ago

So funny Cynthia - you are good at your clues!!!

Nancy.

• thinman
    10 years ago

Okey doke.

TM

10 years ago

Cyn you are a hoot, Madagascar is what I was thinking, TM's mention of the movie is what clenched it for me.

Annette

• mnwsgal
    10 years ago

My response has disapeared. Cynthia's last clue confirmed my thought of Madagascar as well.

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    10 years ago

Yes, funny movies. The capital is Antananarivo - just try saying the once. I tried to do a ti kdt to there once - omg!! It was crazy. I'll never forget that.

Nancy

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Woohoo! Stars all wrapped up for al of you!

Yes, Madagascar is the fourth largest island in the world and boasts 5% of the world's plant and animal species. Lots to do there. They have deserts, rain forests, beaches, and terrible roads. It would be a cool place to visit, I think, but as Nancy intimated, probably too expensive for me to get there. Once there, however, it should be relatively inexpensive. I am linking the Lonely Planet site that gives you all kinds of info if you do go to visit-Lonely Planet travel books are terrific.

Here is a link that might be useful: Madagascar

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh and have a wonderful week all. Thanks for playing and always being such good sports!

Cynthia

• thinman
    10 years ago

Good question, Cynthia. I thought about submitting my answer in the form of a rebus, showing a mad person, gasoline, and a car, but I was too lazy to put it together.

Thanks for the brain stimulation.

TM

• mnwsgal
    10 years ago

Love the raccoon photo and starry package. So, there have been three Madagascar Disney movies, how did I miss them all?

Thanks for the fun.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Those are lemurs, Bobbie! From Madagascar!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

TM, that would have been great! Maybe we should come up with a lot of those for each other to solve!

Hmmm...

Cynthia

• mnwsgal
    10 years ago

Of course those are lemurs, my bad.

Sponsored