Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beebiz1960

Question about blueberries & azaleas....

beebiz1960
14 years ago

I have wanted a few blueberry bushes for quite some time. But, until the other day had never gotten up the nerve to buy and try any. In today's mail, I got my ten 1 year old rabbiteye plants... Climax, Powderblue, and Brightwell. I was plesantly surprised to see that they were all strong, healthy looking, well rooted plants.

I know some about blueberries... learned some from my grandfather when I was a kid... learned some from research on the internet... and, fortunately, the grower told me that anytime I have any questions to not hessitate to call her (impressed me again!). But, I've not been able to find anyone to answer a particular question for me. I know that blueberries and azaleas have a lot of the same requirements. And, the blueberries that I got today reminded me somewhat of my azaleas when they were very young. Are azaleas and blueberries related at all... I mean, other than both being plants?

I'm just asking to satisfy my own curiosity! Not planning on trying any weird mutants or Frankensteinish experiments... just curious!! Thanks in advance for your help.