Software
Houzz Logo Print
jfelice

Did you paint those cabinet doors?

14 years ago
eliza decor · More Info

Comments (5)

  • 14 years ago
    No the cabinets are new and from Ikea. They are solid wood doors and the white ones almost look like a milk paint or white wash. The dark island cabinets are from the same series and in a black brown colour. All the doors and drawers have soft close too. I really love these cabinets!
  • 14 years ago
    They look really beautiful in this kitchen! My husband and I just purchased them in white for our kitchen but they seem to have a pinkish hue - we are hoping that adding updated halogen pot lights will help them to look whiter - did you notice this issue at all?
  • 14 years ago
    Yes!! I actually thought about painting them but once they were up they don't appear so pink. I have a lot of white trim throughout the house too and you would think that would make it worse but they blend in perfect. I think the cool wall colour, stainless appliances and the grey toned backsplash likely help to offset the pink too. The entire house was pepto pink when we moved in so trust me I did not want pink cabinets!
  • 12 years ago
    What flooring was used in this kitchen?
  • 12 years ago
    The flooring that we used was purchased from Home Depot it was a dark engineered hardwood but I'm sorry I don't remember the name of the wood or the colour. It is like an Espresso colour and with a smooth finish. Hope this helps.