Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nutsaboutflowers

Spring Forward !

nutsaboutflowers
13 years ago

Oh how I love "Spring Forward" even though I no longer get to do it. Here in Saskatchewan we're already on Daylight Savings, but I'm afraid that would have to be spoken of on the Hot Topics Forum =:)

My rear end has been plunked on the bench in the bubble of denial for far too long, and it would be nice to start a thread with pictures of spring. Any of you in a little less harsh climates have anything green showing through? Probably not yet. Not if you're posting on the Far North forum.

Any more pictures for the Bubble of Denial before we no longer need it this year?

Comments (5)

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    13 years ago

The way it looks here, we're going to need the Bubble for another couple of weeks! LOL

• Pudge 2b
    13 years ago

I'm kinda glad we Sask'ers don't change time - as I get older I find I forget enough without having to worry about changing clocks and such :) And who doesn't love seeing the sun rise before 4 a.m.?

Oh, Ma Nature teased us a bit today with a temp above 0, some sun and a wind that didn't feel like it was direct from the North Pole. But oh, my, we have sooo much snow, and some mountains of it around from snow clearing - I'm betting it'll be July before they all melt.

• DrHorticulture_
    13 years ago

You hit the nail on the head - we already are on MDT year round. That DST debate always gets my goat - do they want TWO hours of daylight savings or what?
    Two weather agencies predict a cold spring and hot summer ahead (not holding my breath...)

• nutsaboutflowers
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well, since I sort of opened it for discussion.......

A few years ago I found a map on the internet that showed the times the sun rose in all the major cities in Canada.

All a person had to do was look at it to figure out that if Saskatchewan "sprung forward" we would be getting a lot more daylight than anyone else. (At least that's what I think I remember, LOL )

Has anyone else ever seen that type of map? If so, where the heck is it? Maybe I'll also ask Lloyd from the soil forum.

BTW My weather agency, of which I'm CEO, has declared we will get a warm spring, and summer temperatures between 22-27 all summer, with 1/2 inch of rain on each Tuesday and Wednesday nights between the hours of midnight and 5:00 a.m. ! =:)

• bdgardener
    13 years ago

Well we are finally getting our first real chinook of the winter. It has been long and cold and I'm done with it. We usually get a couple of feet of snow and then a chinook blows in for three days and gets rid of it for us and then it snows again. Not this year. -30 and six feet of snow has been our recipe. It started blowing on Sunday and it got really messy and 8 degrees yesterday and is suppose to continue this week. Our driveway is already a swamp. Think I will have tea on the deck despite the wind today. The kids and dog are a muddy mess, but we have calves coming really soon so bring on spring. C