Software
Houzz Logo Print
florajilly

Help with Zingiber zerumbet

21 years ago

I am a Hoya " addict" , and I do not know much about ginger , so I am hoping that you " Ginger Lovers " would please help. I was over at a nearby friend's house , exploring their garden. I discovered a small clump of ginger , under an oak tree. I identified it as Zingiber zerumbet. My friends didn't know how it got there. They bought their house new, 6 years ago, and they never planted it. I wonder if it came in with the ( soil ) fill, during construction . Anyway, they gave me 2 small plants , and 2 larger individual rhizomes. Please give me growing instructions. Should I use pots ,and store them over the winter , or plant directly into the ground ? What about soil ? The original clump is growing in sand , with oak leaf litter on top. I live in central east coast Florida.

Thank you ,

Florajilly

Comments (6)

Sponsored