Software
Houzz Logo Print
gardeniarose_gw

Brown leaves on variegated ginger!

21 years ago

Hi folks,

I have a large variegated ginger which is in a large pot with a mixture of Miracle-Gro and some aquatic (pebbly) soil for drainage. I have it about 2 months and it is getting brown, dry edges to the leaves. The brown spreads into the center of the leaf until about 50% of the leaf (running lengthwise) is brown and dried out. It gets thoroughly watered until the water runs out the hole in the bottom about once every 10 days, or when almost dry. I noticed the brown leaves developing while the plant was in direct afternoon sun so I moved it about 1.5 months ago into partial shade but the leaves are still browning. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

PS~I have never fertilized it.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County