Software
Houzz Logo Print
fiftystars

Liriope -- NEED to know if type I bought is the spreading kind?

20 years ago

I just bought some lirope as as "edge" or "border" groundcover. It's called "Giant Lily Turf Lirope Gigantea". It's solid green and supposed to bloom those purple spikes. My question is: Is this the kind that "spreads" out of control? Isn't it the "spicata" that spreads out of control and becomes a menace? The "tag" on the plant doesn't say if it's a spicata [or spreading] -- it just says to plant 2'-3' apart. in full or partial sun. (It's supposed to grow 2'-3' high) I get confused over which liriope is the spreading kind that becomes hated -- or the kind that is manageable over the years. I don't want to create a problem. Any body out there that can tell me if this "Giant Lily Turf Liriope Gigantea" is spicata, or not?

Thanks and God Bless! Fiftystars

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz