Software
Houzz Logo Print
edavt04

Entire house 1300sq painted in a neutral khaki?

14 years ago
last modified: 14 years ago
I am thinking about painting my entire house into a tapestry beige by Benjamin Moore OC-32, it's a cool khaki color. I am trying to achieve light, airy feel that flows from room to room. Lower floor has 2 small bedrooms that are low-lit due to small windows, so IMO cool khaki will open up the space and create serene environment. I will do accents with darker furniture and beddings contrasting the light maple floors and light khaki walls. Also, the doors, ceilings and baseboard will be snow-white, which will create color contrast as well.
Upper floor offers vaulted ceilings where kitchen and bright, sunny living room are located. In my opinion, the cool khaki will cool down the bright room with warm bamboo floors, which will offer visual interest. I am planning on being consistent with the decor from room to room so it will create continuity...
I am still a little hesitant to paint the entire house (remember, it's only 1300 sf ft house!!!) into one cool khaki color, but I can always make an accent with darker furniture that I have, floor plants (I LOVE green floor plants), white trimming and doors... What do you guys think?

Comment (1)