Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sharons2

Re-Identify Daylilies

sharons2
12 years ago

Hello,

I keep a list of my daylilies, but some of them have lost their tags. So I'm trying to figure out what they are for sure again.

We had to call in a backhoe to dig up my front bed in the middle of winter, so I saved what roots I could find and replanted them.

First, I figured this one was either Court Magician or Frosted Pink Ice this Spring. But now that it has bloomed, I think it must be Crystal Sea (other options are Absolute Treasure or Swallow Tail Kite, but I doubt those.)

Crystal Sea?

Second, I'm wondering if this is Clothed in Glory. It is 3" wide, but this is the first year it bloomed, so later years may find it bigger. This is the best picture I can get this year. (Other options would be Fuchsia Kiss, Shimmering Elegance, Spiritual Corridor, or Yesterday Memories).

Clothed in Glory?

I'll probably be posting others as they bloom.

Thanks,

Sharon

---

Below is the full list of Daylilies that I'm trying to reidentify. Some of these may have died, but I'm not sure which ones....

*Absolute Treasure - deep pink

*China Lake - lavender with chalky eye

*Clothed in Glory - lavender with gold edge

*Court Magician - purple with chalky eye

*Crystal Sea - true pink

*Frosted Pink Ice - light pink (A lot like Vi Simmons)

*Fuchsia Kiss - like Chance Encounter but paler

*Grape Magic - purple mini

*Indian Giver - purple (I'll know this one when it blooms)

*Lee's Loss (looks like Prairie Blue Eyes)

*Shimmering Elegance - pink

*Summer Wine - deep pink

*Swallow Tail Kite - lavender with chalky eye

*Swirling Water - large lavender

*Yesterday Memories - pale pink

Comments (12)

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    12 years ago

Oh boy! I'm afraid I would be no help to you since I don't grow any of those except Yesterday's Memories and I lost the tag for mine! I just spent an hour trying to ID this one and the only one I think it could be is Siloam Double Classic. It looks more peachy in real life.

• fanelda
    12 years ago

Honalee,

Here are 2 photos of my Siloam Double Classic for reference.

• dementieva
    12 years ago

NOIDs are a lot easier to identify when you have a list of the plants you own. I'm sure someone will be able to help!

Nate

• Nancy
    12 years ago

I think the first one looks like Crystal Sea also. The 2nd one doesn't really look like Clothed in Glory to me, but then my Clothed in Glory doesn't look right either :) Yours does look more like it than the others you mention.

• Nancy Barginear
    12 years ago

My Clothed In Glory looked about like that this year, but it finally died, like so many others we've lost. It looked beautiful up in our country garden.

The weather has really played havoc on daylilies here this year.

Nancy

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    12 years ago

Fanelda, I think I have ID'd this one as Silent Thunder.

Sharon, IMO the second one looks most like Clothed In Glory. The white ribs and gold toothed edge give it distinction.:)

• lisa_3
    12 years ago

Sharon, I have a couple of those and will post photos tonight. Just stopping in for quick peek but have to go soon. Honalee-If really more peachy-did you have Siloam Double Dream?

• nat4b
    12 years ago

I only have Court Magician and Swirling Water from the list.
    Here's a pic of Swirling Water taken in the afternoon
    {{gwi:914165}}
    I guess our climates are similar, somewhat, so maybe the flowers will look the same. Also, Court Magician rarely opens all the way here, and Swirling Water has the lowest bud count
    Swirling Water - morning pic
    {{gwi:868444}}

Court Magician on a sunny morning
    {{gwi:914166}}

Court Magician - cloudy morning
    {{gwi:914167}}

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

I only have Indian Giver on your list. Sorry.
    kay

• Waitforspring
    12 years ago

Good luck in your search to ID. Since you have a list it should be possible.
    Val
    Here is Absolute Treasure

and Swallow Tail Kite
    {{gwi:914169}}

• lisa_3
    12 years ago

They've already found photos of Swallow Tail Kite and Swirling Water for you, but I also have Spiritual Corridor

• janroze
    12 years ago

Sorry, thought maybe I would have some of the same as yours since I am zn 4, but alas...gramma jan