Software
Houzz Logo Print
cma316

Bedroom Help

14 years ago
I am trying to redecorate my bedroom. It is a rather large, square space. The windows are large and stretch almost to the floor. It is a really old farm house and I am attracted to the blue, cream, and yellow french country style. We have a medium-amber bedroom set and the trim and the floors are a similar color (all wood). We also have a creamy-gold couch that is staying as well. I am really struggling with what colors/patterns should go where. Any suggestions would be so helpful!

Comments (2)

  • 14 years ago
    The room and your color palette sound lovely. Could you post a picture of the room, with your furniture? I'd also like to get a better sense of what you mean by "color/patterns" that you need help with. Are you looking for suggestions for paint colors? Bedding? Drapes or blinds? A rug? We just don't have enough specific information yet from your post to get started.
  • 14 years ago
    Thank you for your willingness to help! I will post pictures a little later today. We are currently getting the flooring done so our furniture is all all over the place at the moment and everything is a bit dusty.

    About the "colors/patterns" question: In addition to the furniture I mentioned above, I already have a quilt that is a dusty blue floral and has the creams and yellows in it as well (I will post a picture of this and the couch too). I'd really like to incorporate that into the room, if not try and decorate the room around it. I guess basically I don't know how to balance the patterns and colors in the room. I don't want too much pattern but I also don't want it to be all solids with only a patterned quilt on my bed. If my bedspread has a smaller floral print on it, what other patterns would be appropriate in the room and where? And what colors would be best knowing the wood is a richer and deeper tone, the quilt is a dusty blue, and my couch is a creamy goldy color? We'd like to have an area rug so that can add some nice interest to the design as well. (We will probably be getting a cloth-type wallpaper because the walls are bit cracky so pattern on the wall is also an option).

    My ideas so far: I've been thinking of going more creamy/yellowy on the walls. I saw a really pretty striped wall paper that looked very elegant next to the woods and matched the quilt perfectly. Also I was thinking of putting a combination of different blues and creams on the couch to help pull those all together. Should I do blue drapes and a rug that is mainly a more creamy/yellowy neutral with dusty blue accents maybe? I do believe there is a little grey-light tan accent in the quilt so I could try to bring that out into the area rug possibly..? Would you have a pattern on the drapes or do you think a solid would be best?

    I'm open to any suggestions you might have! Thank you so much for helping me. I have a general idea for what I'd like to do, but when it comes to actually making it happen, I get overwhelmed with how to put it all together and need so guidance.