Software
Houzz Logo Print
jobseeker1998

Lighting above dining area help needed!

14 years ago
In the process of setting up our dining area and I was looking for lighting advice. Since people on here have been so kind with their advice when I first posted a couple of weeks ago, besides being total design whizzes, I figured I'd ask you.
I'm looking for a pendant light/chandelier for above the dining table. The picture of the dining table is attached, its kind of a little space between the kitchen on one side, the living room on the other, wall with hutch behind and the entry stairway in front. The hutch will go and be replaced by wall art.
The table is 48inches diameter. I am looking for something that will not be too big for the area so as to close it down, but also not disproportionately small. The first chandelier is PBteen and is 13 inches so I think may be too small? The second one is 22 inches. As you can see, all the kitchen lighting is brushed nickel. Would love something dangly and crystal-ish......something to brighten the space and not darken it. I love capiz but am afraid it won't go with the rest of the decor. Anthing that you think can work in the not more than $250 price range would be nice. Please tell me what you think, and excuse the mess in our house since we're still just moving in!

Comments (12)