Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
robinva_gw

Plant Information Sheet

robinva
19 years ago

Does anyone know a site that has a Plant Information Sheet that I can copy and run off. Informations such as names, planting dates, spacing, depth etc.

Thanks,

Robin

Comments (6)

• edel1007
    19 years ago

I found this site pretty handy

http://oregonstate.edu/dept/ldplants/

edel

• edel1007
    19 years ago

for sowing seeds this site gives you all the information

http://theseedsite.co.uk/

edel

• robinva
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Edel, thanks for the information. I found both sites very informative.

Robin

• katycopsey
    19 years ago

Robin
    You might be better off finding out your last frost date and counting back from that. A good seed book will give you x-weeks before lfd info for seeding inside or outside.
    I use Nancy Bubel's New Seed Starters Handbook. The problem with the above info is that it is not local to you. Little things like mountains, hills, lakes, seas all make a difference to the local area and can better be dealt with on a countywide level, in my view. State documents from your state and the surrounding states will also help - but do not go too far afield. I didn't go to the sites above, but one was from England which is a very different climate to anywhere stateside.

• robinva
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks you Katy. I am not looking for information on how to plant. I want a sheet of paper that lists all the things that I will need to document for each plant such as species, latin names , when planted when bloomed, height, color, comments etc. My computer is not set up to write my own list. I have heard many good comments on Nancy's book. It is on my list of books to buy. Thank you again.

Robin

• littlecars
    19 years ago

I have a large library of books on gardening, but a new acquisition is just the best. "Right Plant, Right Place" by Nicola Ferguson ($30 at Books-a-Million) has more pertinent and usable information than any other book I have. I also frequently use the web site that Edel recommended.

Millard (M.G.)