Software
Houzz Logo Print
kathynaw

15 years ago
Did this design accommodate a requirement to walk through the kitchen? How wide was the kitchen? I'm trying to figure out how to use both sides of my kitchen and deal with the fact my kitchen door is really the primary entrance/exit for the house (closer to the metro).
Gorgeous Kitchen Remodel · More Info

Comment (1)

  • 15 years ago
    Are you trying to accommodate an island as well? What seems to work in this kitchen that might help you is that one side is for cooking, prep, washing, etc, while the other is all storage (fridge and cabinets only), which, unless you are grabbing something from it, lets it function as a hallway while being part of the kitchen space.
  • 15 years ago
    I'd like to accommodate an island. I have a traditional row house, but I'm not an end unit. I'm all walls, one window next to the door. I'm not sure the kitchen is wide enough for an island, but I'd like to have some company in the kitchen when I cook. My house is the traditional kitchen, door, dining room, incredible pocket door, lounge. I like the idea of cook/prep on one side, storage on the other. Now to deal with a couple of seats so I can chat. Thanks!
  • 15 years ago
    OK, so the kitchen is totally closed off from the other rooms, huh? Otherwise I'd say you could have a little breakfast bar that separates you from the living room but lets people sit and talk. Maybe you could fit a very small pub or cafe table at one end of the kitchen?
  • 15 years ago
    I kept thinking built in, but a cafe table just may do the trick!!!
  • 15 years ago
    You could even build it in as a little bar table - kind of like you'd build in a floating shelf. Or consider a pass-through window from another room if possible. I've even seen them where the shelf can be folded down to save space when not in use.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Hello! Thank you for the question. This kitchen is 165 7/16" x 215 3/4". Best of luck with your project!