0
Find the right pro for your project

Hosta IDs #6

ademink

Looking to ID several groups of hostas. Tags are gone and so is my mind after several hard years. :)
Some possibilities for some of the the ones I'll be listing that are more unusual are below. Not an exhaustive list...I just know that some of these I've planted in this bed are from these orders. I also did a fairly big order from Foxfire Nursery but can't find the list....just going by memory. NICE. lol
(KukâÂÂs Forest)
Lucille
Unforgettable
Phantom
Arch Duke OS
Photo Finish
Prairie Fire
Skyrocket
(Hills Gardens of Maine)
Abby
Glory
Nakaiana
On Stage
HillâÂÂs Sporty
Mississippi Delta
Sea Lotus Leaf
(Foxfire Nursery)
Foxfire Bamm Bamm
Mt Everest
Majesty
montana Kinkaku

*****

#1 SOLVED: SEA LOTUS LEAF

#2 SOLVED: GRAND SLAM

#3 (Mt Everest??)

#4

#5

#6

#7

This post was edited by ademink on Sun, Jul 7, 13 at 23:04

• paul_in_mn

#7 Delta Dawn possibly

Paul

• ctopher_mi

#1 looks like your Sea Lotus Leaf
    #2 could be Grand Slam or Marilyn Monroe, but then I think #6 could be Marilyn Monroe, so #2 might be Grand Slam.

Good luck with all of them!

Chris

• ademink

Yay on #1 :)

I own Grand Slam! I found half of the tag closest to #2....so I vote we go w/ that one. lol (I don't think I own M.M. )

• Moccasin

I see #3 has scapes and seed pods? What color was the bloom? Could you check to see if you have a Fragrant Fire?
    .........Or, #3 could be So Sweet.

And #6, I think is Marilyn Monroe because of the wavy wuffles, the white backs, and the soft lavender pink petioles.

#7, how about Sweet Innocence? Yours has a lot of texture, more than the young plants in the Hosta Library. But the margin is right and the color as well if it gets a lot of sun.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

7 looks like a ringer for sunshine glory

ken

• ademink

ken - YES...that's it!

moccasin - never saw #3 bloom...let me see if I have either of those two. As for #5...maybe I do have MM and just don't remember. I will check the big list! :) #7 is Mt Everest...I'm 99.999% sure now. Found the metal tag in that bed this morning (away from the hosta of course lol)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

considering its a near look alike for the first pic in the library.. i felt rather secure in my suggestion .. lol

ken

• ademink

lol hey...whatever works...

• ademink

I have to correct this to say that #3 was Mt Everest and #7 Sunshine Glory :) I think #4 is Substance Abuse