Software
Houzz Logo Print
yorkiebeebs

New lawn question

17 years ago

We have inherited a yard that was previously a potty yard for three big dogs. Cedar chips were used for bedding to keep it from becoming a muddy, poopy mess. These chips are breaking down as there weren't new chips brought in for several months.

The dogs are no longer on the property and I want to make it back into a yard with a lawn. These are my thoughts as to how to make it happen. Could you tell me if I'm heading in the right direction.

1. put gypsum over the soil to neutralize the urine and let it set for a couple of days.

2. spread alfalfa meal and compost and rototill the soil and let it set for a couple of weeks.

3. rake it and roll it and bring in sod

I've never done this before and I have no idea if I'm on the right track. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting