For the past sev years, I've had a nice ring border of Armeria (Sea Thrift) around a birdbath. It has always been quite healthy and pretty. But recently some clumps have started to turn red (from the outside in) and then the entire clump just dries up. I know Armeria doesn't like a lot of water, but frankly I don't think it's getting any more now than in previous years -? Since these clumps were growing on this property when we moved here six years ago, I'm wondering if Armeria just gets too old eventually and dies -? I decided to dig it all up and divide it while there still were healthy clumps, and during that process, I noticed many grub like creatures (grayish/cream color, 1" - 1.5" long, fat for their size with each end rather pointed, and a black head on one end). Could these things be killing the Armeria? And what are they? I drenched the soil with a Sevin solution just to be safe.
Are any of my "guesses" the possible killers of my Armeria?
Thanks for your assistance.
John
Embothrium
madrone
Related Professionals
Bainbridge Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Indianapolis Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Hannibal Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Saint Joseph Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Columbia Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Waterbury Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Worcester Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Miami Landscape Contractors · Vineland Landscape Contractors · Brunswick Architects & Building Designers · Cape Girardeau Architects & Building Designers · Fargo Architects & Building Designers · Canton Architects & Building Designers · Sheboygan Architects & Building Designers · Wausau Architects & Building DesignersEmbothrium
drfugaweOriginal Author
Embothrium
buyorsell888
Embothrium