Software
Houzz Logo Print
novita_gw

fig questions

19 years ago

I have a fig that I rooted from a cutting (don't know variety) growing in a big thick wood container. Last year it produced one fig, this year the same! Climate is Pacific NW, survived some freezing cold snaps last winter covered with burlap and straw around the base. My questions: Should I prune? When and how much? How do I know when the fig(s) is ripe? (It's bright green right now) Lots of water, or not too much? Fertilizer? I read some of the other posts, and seems like I should be fertilizing. If anyone can help I do appreciate it - I am a bit flummoxed! I posted this also on the fig forum, which seems a bit advanced. The tree by the way is super healthy, slthough a little range-y.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations