Software
Houzz Logo Print
anewbie

Hydrangeas?

20 years ago

Hi again.. I have more questions. I live in the wet Oregon valley. I am wanting to put some bushes in my yard that will flower in season and stay green during the cold months. I have lived here a little less than a year and am not totally sure what stays green through our winters. I'm told this last winter got unseasonably cold. I had a Hydrangea plant on the side of my house that stayed bushy and green through the freeze and snow. Of course the flowers dried up, but the rest of the bush seemed to look pretty good. I'm thinking about purchasing a couple more of these, and wondering if this is typical for a Hydrangea? Was this a freak thing or can I expect this to be the case with my new ones also?

I have the same question about peonies.. I have one that stayed green also, but again, I'm not sure if that's normal.

Lastly,

Does anyone have any ideas on small evergreen shrubs/bushes that I could put throughout my flowerbed that need minimal care?

Thanks!

Comments (5)