Software
Houzz Logo Print
blameitontherain

Favorite Gardenweb 'Handles'

18 years ago

H'lo out there.

I've been away from GW for an awfully long time and just started reading you-all's posts again, when I was suddenly struck with the cleverness, cuteness or just plain craziness of some of your gardenweb user names. A few favorites of mine: captainheadcrash, piano juggler, heavy petal and digdig. How about you?

Rain

Comments (16)

  • 18 years ago

    Yours!
    I also love the captainheadcrash name. It seems like we haven't heard from heatherisnotaweed for awhile, but that was one of my favorite handles.

  • 18 years ago

    There are a few but my favorite is muddysocks.

    A......

  • 18 years ago

    What's so funny about juggling pianos? It sounds like pretty serious business to me.

  • 18 years ago

    I like misslemonverbena. Always reminds me that I should grow it again.

  • 18 years ago

    I like misslemonverbena too. As I've said before, she's much thinner & better looking than I am. For awhile there, because of log in problems, I had to change my handle to missrubybegonia. I miss her. She had a much more interesting love life than I do.

    I once saw a piano juggler on the Johnny Carson show. Amazing. Is that you?!

    I agree that muddysocks is a good one, We've all gardened in our socks at one time or another right?

  • 18 years ago

    Haven't seen Dick_sonia around in a long time.

  • 18 years ago

    Nope.

  • 18 years ago

    There's a mossy that hangs around the rose forums from around here. That's a good one. I think mine is kind of dorky. I was just so excited to be living here when I moved and signed up, I showed it in my name. Are you able to change your name? I tried to, but couldn't figure out how. Also, how do you guys do italics and bold writing? I have never been able to do that.

    Where's bboy been? I miss his cryptic but informative dialogue.

  • 18 years ago

    I know where you're coming from pacnwgrdngirl, my DH was showing this golden oldie how to use a computer, never touched one before last fall. When the light bulb finally came on it was well past midnight hence my handle. Dancinwithweeds is a more appropriate handle for me so I am going to have a sign made up for my garden gate, "Welcome to Dancin' With Weeds". Somehow it seems so appropriate LOL.
    ...and what happened to Grant in Seattle? I for one miss his posts.

    A......

  • 18 years ago

    Oh A... I really thought you were just a Clapton fan!

    (Your lettuce was delicious by the way! Grow out any black hollyhock seeds? They were beautiful again this year.)

    bboy is back!

  • 18 years ago

    P... The hollyhock seed are up and growing, should be flowering next year :o), glad you liked the lettuce, it's the only one I grow now.

    A......

  • 18 years ago

    I like Misslemonverbena AND Missrubybegonia -- both with a cadence evocative of that old Cole Porter classic, "Miss Otis Regrets".

    Pacnwgrdgirl, your name is not at all dorky, but suitably descriptive.

    Funny, when I first signed up, there wasn't a single rain-themed name. Now there are several. My favorite is Neonrain -- makes me think of Vegas in winter and other film noir-ish scenes.

    I, too, enjoy bboy's to-the-point-no-nonsense-bordering on abrupt, but always thoroughly informed, style. Didn't he have a different name BiV (Before i-Village)?

    Rain

  • 18 years ago

    I like Goofyisgreen. %^)

  • 18 years ago

    Yes, Miss Otis Regrets is a great tune. Being unable to make a lunch date because you spent the night in lover's lane is a fine & noble thing.

    bboy hasn't gone anywhere. He's posting pithy & often hilarious remarks all the time. I always thought he used to be ronb?

  • 18 years ago

    That's right! He used to be ronb.

    Next time I post (can you tell it's been a while?), will remember to hit the automatic email notification button. Duuuuh.

    Rain

  • 18 years ago

    I love zonedenial. Wish I'd thought of it.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio