Software
Houzz Logo Print
sea_jen

sunday slug hunt - what's your tally?

19 years ago

I remember reading a while back that this is actually the crucial season to disrupt the slug lifecycle.

I did some tidying this weekend and found lots of slugs in my garden. I have two raised beds, about 5'x12' each. Interestingly, one bed had only two slugs that I found, but the other had probably at least 15 PLUS several clusters of eggs PLUS one huge (3") godfather slug. My interpretation is that the little f****ers are breeding like bunnies in the one bed.

So, my tally (beds plus other areas) is:

-small slugs (1" or so): 20 or so

-clusters of eggs: 3 big, plus a few other random eggs

-big slugs: 1

All are now heading to the yardwaste compost pile...

Anyone else on the slug hunt?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Columbus' Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting