Software
Houzz Logo Print
jaynesachs

our kitchen designed around a door!

13 years ago
We almost didn't buy the foreclosed house because of the awkward kitchen. We knew we had a big project. After finding a large, oak salvaged door with original hand forged scrolled hardware straps, our project was underway. We designed the kitchen around the door. There wasn't a pantry in the original kitchen and we decided to make one and use this door. Everything flowed after that. Now we need some assessories to warm things up a bit.

Comments (5)

  • 13 years ago
    Fantastic- really impressive! I see very simple and minimal decorations- something with a pop of color like chartreuse green.
  • 13 years ago
    Thank you!! I will look into that color. All ideas help!! Thank you.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Hi good job! If I may, I think you should consider painting your ceiling a warm silvery blue... It would look very nice. Here's 2 colors for you. See which one looks best with your wall color. SW 7071 Gray Screen or SW 7065 Argos
    Attaching a photo for inspiration. Color of drapes in photo=====ceiling color...
    Hope this is helpful...
    [houzz=
    Open Floor Plan · More Info
    ]
  • 13 years ago
    Wow!! What a beautiful color. I love that space in your photo and I love the color of the drapes. I will check into those SW colors. Thank you so much!
  • 13 years ago
    I really like SW 7065 Argos. What a GREAT color! Thank you so very much.