Software
Houzz Logo Print
harebelle

Overrun by Caterpillars

12 years ago

I am unable to identify these. I've been looking here and there at breaktimes for a few days and still no luck. I just cannot spend any more time looking for them. Even tried a search here, but so many pages of results-again, lack of time prevents me from looking through every last post.

The least of them are about a cm long, dark hairy unremarkable little things that hang around in "C" shapes. The longer are near 3cm and look like the image.

I tried looking for the tent caterpillar/gypsy moth but mine don't seem to resemble them. I have found no "tents". These guys are in the grass, on the fence, and all over the raspberries. I'm tempted to call them pests because they are EVERYWHERE.

ID and control suggestions ( if they are pests) are extremely welcome. Thank you for any input!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Columbus' Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting