(just realized I misspelled Vegetable in the subject of posting)
Hello all,
I am somewhat new to gardening and growing plants and such but I wanted to try it out and grow some veggies for myself and my family.
I bought 2 eggplant plants from the store and repotted them in a bigger pot and all was well for the first few weeks.
recently however I began to notice some small bugs on the plants and after some research on google image I came to the conclusion that they are aphids.
I tried picking them off at first, when there were only a few but I believe I may have missed quite a bit because their population seemed to have exploded.
I don't know exactly what harm they could bring to the plants, the plants already have quite a few eggplants growing on them, but i feel that getting rid of them would be the best thing to do for the plants.
anyone have any tips or tricks i could do to get rid of them and if possible, keep them off the plants.
I don't want to buy any bug killers as i don't know what would harm the plant and what wouldn't so anyone know any decent methods to get rid of them that wont harm the plants?
Also, would something called Neem oil do the trick? i went to the store and talked to an employee who showed me a spray that i was told wont hurt the plant(again, don't want to use them unless i have to) the spray was a "RTU(ready to use) neem oil spray) it also said it was "for organic gardening" and is "OMRI listed"(if this means anything)
thanks for reading and hopefully someone knows some good tricks to get rid of these aphids.
This post was edited by leoknighted on Wed, Jun 18, 14 at 17:29
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
Lars
Related Professionals
Hot Springs Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Tallahassee Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Bloomington Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Murfreesboro Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Salinas Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Anchorage Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Sioux City Landscape Contractors · Mission Viejo Landscape Contractors · Nashville Kitchen Remodelers · Petersburg Kitchen Remodelers · Roanoke Kitchen Remodelers · Portsmouth Kitchen Remodelers · Trenton Kitchen Remodelers · Fresno Kitchen Remodelers · Cornwall Kitchen Remodelersgardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
Kimmsr