Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amandab86

pest or disease

amandab86
9 years ago

Hi
I am kind of new to garden I have only been doing it a couple years. I usually have peppers growing on my plants by now but this year I have nothing and it looks like something I'd eating my plants? I would love if anyone can please help me I don't use pesticides so I am looking for a natural way to get rid of bugs if that is what is eating my leaves? Thanks

Comments (5)

• ronalawn82
    9 years ago

amandab86, my best advice is, "Inspect & Prune."
    Whether it be a plant or a plantation, set aside some time to do a rigorous and meticulous inspection - weekly!
    Take a pair of pruners on the mission; and a disposable trash container - not a bag.
    The mission is to seek and destroy any part of the plant that is infested or infected.
    Be brutal.
    The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that pruning is the single most important operation you can perform for the good health of your plant(s) ... if you will pardon the play on words.

• northerner_on
    9 years ago

While on your mission, you may also want to take along a spray bottle of soapy water. Sometimes the offender is not visible to the naked eye, but a good shot of soapy water may take care of it. Both sides of the leaves. Repeat daily for a few days.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    9 years ago

first.. winter was very hard ... but even worse.. spring was 4 to 6 weeks late.. for many of us in the midwest...

i think of veg as warm or hot soil plants.. and the soil here in mid MI ... didnt warm up very fast...

so when you start by saying.. 'you have nothing at this time' ... then i think that is why ...

i see one affected leaf... and it looks mechanically injury.. rather than eaten ... perhaps it got sunburnt on the wire while extending???? ..... if its just a few leaves.. pluck them off and move on ... if you have other significant damage .. then show it to us ..

finally .. there is a very active pepper forum ... and you never know.. where you will find the answer you need??? ...

ken

• amandab86
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here you can see more leaves and even where the bud of the flower Is and that looks like it's turning black. Thanks for responding. I understand that spring was later but I barely have any flowers. I just want to see if there is some thing I should/could do to my plants I don't want them dying.

• amandab86
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks i try to take all the dead leaves off. How much do you prune? Anything that looks unhealthy?Here you can see more leaves and even where the bud of the flower Is and that looks like it's turning black. Thanks for responding. I understand that spring was later but I barely have any flowers. I just want to see if there is some thing I should/could do to my plants I don't want them dying.

{{!gwi}}