Software
Houzz Logo Print
gardenmom360

Yellow jackets kept low this year

12 years ago

We had our best luck with keeping the population of yellow jackets low this year. We had a lot this spring and I set up traps using attractant in mid April. From April to June I emptied both traps several times. I couldn't believe how many I got. Then in late Aug, early Sept we got only a few in the traps - I tried both meat and fruit at that point since the attractant wasn't getting any, but we really weren't bothered by them while sitting outside on the deck. Our neighbor (about 2 mi away) on the other hand didn't trap in the spring and he complained that he had more yellow jackets than ever this year.
Lesson learned - early trapping really pays off.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Columbus' Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting