Software
Houzz Logo Print
snaillover_gw

Mildew problems

I first noticed the lilac having powdery mildew, then more recently I noticed the others, which I think is rusty spot. Correct me if I'm wrong. We had a very dry July/early August and it was all I could do to keep everything watered. All the plants were stressed. After that it rained and rained, plus it's been pretty cool. Could these factors make them more susceptible?

For the last 5 days I've been spraying the lilac with a mix of water, milk, baking soda and dish soap. It appears to be responding slightly. Can I use the same treatment on the rusty spot? I can buy something commercial too if needed. With fall coming is this a waste of time, or should I still treat to ward off in the spring? I'll try to keep the fallen leaves contained and burn them so they don't spread it. Anything else I should do?

Lilac

Dogwood

No idea what this is - it grows everywhere in the woods.

Maple in the woods. My other maples in the yard look okay.

Comments (4)