Software
Houzz Logo Print
artosthebear

What Devours Mint Plants?

13 years ago

Hello everyone!

I'm happy to have found you; I'm pretty new to gardening so it's great to have other people to ask questions to! Here's my question: what would nearly obliterate a previously happy mint plant overnight?

It's a youngish plant itself, but no baby by any means. It's about a foot and a half wide and about that tall. Yesterday it was happy, healthy, thriving, with tons of leaves everywhere. Today I walked out to discover it's been eaten down nearly to a skeleton. A few leaves here and there remain, but even many of the stalks have been gnawed brown. I did find a rather large, dead praying mantis right next to the pot the mint is in, but I didn't think they ate plants so much, I thought they ate pests.

Any ideas on what could have caused this mystery? And how to prevent it in the future?

Thank you all very much!

Sponsored
River Mill Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Delaware County's Customer Focused General Contractor