Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
coke_nut

What is a Noid ?

coke_nut
10 years ago

Hi Everyone,
Can somebody tell me what a noid is? I've herd this several times and I'm not really sure what it is. Thank you in advance for explaining it to me.

Comments (17)

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Coke nut you see this term on all the forum's. Its when you cannot identify the correct name of a plant. NO ID. Barbra

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Anoid: the feeling you get when a plumeria blooms as something other than what you bought it as.

Just kidding. :)

Yep, no I.d., which can mean it has no formal name or you just don't know the name yet.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Lol. Jen... I must recount all of mine. I have a lot of " anoids!!!"

HIi Coke Nut!!! Glad you asked!!! Others often wonder the same question, so kudos for stepping up and posting!!!

When I am working, and I see people with questions in their eyes, I always say.. " there is no dumb question... ". Please ask....

Great to see you here!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!

Laura

• pcput
    10 years ago

I always say the only "dumb question" is the one you don't ask :)

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

For me my NOID's are becoming NRFU. No room for you. LoL just kidding of course my first ever and largest tree is a white NOID that smells great and has the most emotional attachment to it. I will have it forever.

Mike

• disneyhorse
    10 years ago

Mike... I have a noid pink that was in front of my grandmother's house that she sold when she could no longer drive and live on her own... She and my mother never were able to root cuttings from it. I discovered the last bucket of rotting cuttings (they were in water because it had rained and all but three were mush) this past November and thought "can't root cuttings from it and they are rotting? Challenge accepted!" And that is how I got into my plumeria obsession this year. I pick a plant each year to obsess about.
    The three best ones (all the others rotted) were planted 4/4/13 and all of a sudden last week sprouted leaves and went from extremely shriveled to this! If they really live, they will have sentimental value because my grandmother really loved that tree... When the house was abandoned and waiting to be sold, someone drove by and poached the mother tree right down to a stump so these three cuttings are all I've got to work with.

• pcput
    10 years ago

disneyhorse , How GREAT is that!!!! I have plants like that, that were my Mom's (not plumerias though). They then mean so much to us. Congrats on your success. They look good.
    Peg

10 years ago

Awesome story...

Truly touching...

I'm glad you saved these cuttings , Disney!!!

Take care,

Laura

• desamecyra
    10 years ago

Disneyhorse, how admirable of you to rescue your grandmother's beloved tree. You have my total respect in this. Sometimes plants end up becoming family members, almost; they give us a sense of continuity.
    Btw....Our MS is doing well, and leafing out nicely, I'm looking forward to the day when she becomes large enough to share.
    (Thanks, Plumygirl!)

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    10 years ago

Noid : a person, typically described as being overly intellectual, obsessive, or socially impaired. Especially from New Yawk or New Joisy.

LOL!

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

LoL Dave!!

Disney. great story. glad you save it. my mother got passed a angel wing begonia from my great grandmother who got it some 50 years ago. its was all but gone until this spring when I re potted and got it out in the sun. Now its huge, flowering and even multiplied.

Mike

10 years ago

I see them all of the time, Dave.. Lol!!!

Laura

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    10 years ago

I am officially adopting the "NRFU" acronym into my Plumeria lexicon.

• coke_nut
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well Thank you Everyone. I'm so glad I asked. I have seen alot of noids, now that I think of it. Hope I never have any NRFU 'S.
    LOL. Thanks again.

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Love "NRFU"!

• ANNAMARIA VECCHIO
    10 years ago

Coke_nut... I'm also glad you asked....You preceded me!! Dave...I was cracking up when I read your funny "definition" !!
    Yeah...that's what I would call a "Noid"...LOL!!