Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandyl121261

ID needed please

sandyl
12 years ago

I received this rose at a plant swap 3 years ago and I don't know its name. I have it in a large 20 gal pot and its really doing well. This year is its leap year and its full of bloom buds. Any information would be greatly appreicated. The blooms are deep red and are very small.

Picture # 2

Picture #3

Full of{{gwi:225978}} buds..

Comments (4)

• TNY78
    12 years ago

Small bloom size and the large number of blooms makes me think it is a polyantha...but there's not a lot of true red polyanthas...maybe "superb" which is a red semi-doubnle polyantha...

• brenda_c
    12 years ago

Hi Sandy I don't know the name of your rose but I was just wondering do you have any cuttings or rooted plants of your NOID rose to trade? Please let me know. Thanks Brenda

• garden2garden
    12 years ago

I saw a rose plant that looked a lot like this in the garden center at Lowe's today. It was either a 'Flower Carpet' or 'Drift' rose.

• sandyl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I discovered the name of my little unknow rose! She is Scarlet Meidiland. Brenda, I don't have any rooting from my little rose. I don't have any luck with that stuff.
    Here is a link to her information.. http://members.fortunecity.com/cnetter/rose_tour/smeidiland.html