Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Finally getting some blooms

bethnorcal9
12 years ago

It's been a long cold winter, and spring hasn't been anything like normal. It's still not terribly warm on a regular basis, and usually by this time we're in the high 90's. We had a light rain last night and it's barely 60 degrees this morning. Weird!

The roses have been slow to emerge. They are fuller and lusher from all the rain, and if I can keep the deer away, I'll have lots of gorgeous blooms!! Right now the irises are coming on full board, and I can't keep up with the photos! My new camera isn't anything like the old one and I have to do soooo much tweaking to get the colors and picture sizes right. It takes hours and hours. But I just wanted to throw out a few of the rose blooms from the last week here. As you can see, there's weeds to be pulled and a little B/S showing, and the stuff you see on the leaves in some of the pics is the massive amount of pollen we're experiencing right now. Oh, and those tiny little bugs... yuck...

BLUE VIOLET

{{gwi:1204569}}

FRAGRANT APRICOT

{{gwi:1209376}}

IRISH CREAM

{{gwi:1232894}}

JESSIKA

{{gwi:1232895}}

MY CHOICE

{{gwi:1232896}}

RADOX BOUQUET

{{gwi:1232897}}

RUBENS

{{gwi:1232898}}

SHOWTIME

{{gwi:1232899}}

SPICED COFFEE

{{gwi:1232901}}

TROIKA

{{gwi:1232902}}

Comments (13)

• inga007
    12 years ago

Thank you for the eye candy.
    Lovely blooms, each and every one of them.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    12 years ago

Thanks for posting, your roses look great Beth!
    Nice to see them as it will be (mid June+ until ours bloom.

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    12 years ago

Thanks for posting. The Blue Violet is quite nice. My Fragrant Apricot was the first one to open so far also. Some others are coming along and are open now. Our weather has been fickle, but it has not been real bad so far. Knock on wood.

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

I think I like Troika the best; although I really like Showtime, Jessika and Blue Violet.

Being so far up north and so far away from blooms, makes me really appreciate all of the pictures posted here in the Gallery. So thank you very much for sharing the beauty of your roses!!

CArol

• kathy9norcal
    12 years ago

They are all wonderful, Beth. Glad it warmed up enough to get them started.

• ramblinrosez7b
    12 years ago

Very pretty blooms Beth, thanks for sharing them with us.

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

They're all beautiful, Beth, thank you! That Blue Violet is amazing!

• bgrose
    12 years ago

Beth, you have interesting roses with very unusual and pretty colors. All of them are wonderful and even their names are extraordinary, like Spiced coffee, Irish Cream...Very nice.

• davidchance
    12 years ago

Wow that Blue Violet is really pretty. Seeing that rose actually motivated me to join here just to say how nice it looks.

Where did you get that? Was it from online?

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everybody!

David I got BLUE VIOLET a long time ago from a source no longer in business. It was Michael's Premier Roses In Sacramento. He used to carry a lot of very hard-to-find roses, mostly own-root. Unfortunately, the area he was located in was a semi-rural section of Sac. About 8-9yrs ago it was being heavily developed and he got kind of pushed out of there. He just sort of disappeared from the face of the earth. I miss going there to buy roses from him. Unfortunately, I don't believe anyone carries BLUE VIOLET anymore.

• iris_gal
    12 years ago

The angle you captured on Irish Cream would make a professional stop dead in their tracks.

Troika, a Poulson rose, looks so good. Do you think it's better than Heart of Gold?

• bgrose
    12 years ago

I love My Choice very much, it has layers and layers of multicolored petals. I am always looking forward to your new pictures, Beth.

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

lovely roses Beth! I can't wait to get my Troika/Royal Dane! I hope it will root for 2012! It will look so lovely next to my Lincolns, a far better color match than my Tiffany was. I also like the form of the Irish Cream too!