Software
Houzz Logo Print
irish_rose_grower

Souvenir de Pierre Notting Trade? Pic

19 years ago

I'm trying to root 4 of these, if I'm successful, I will offer for trade. Anyone have any teas or ht's to trade for Souv. de Pierre Notting?



A pic of it in my garden.

Maureen

Comments (11)

  • 19 years ago

    Sure, if you're successful. I rooted a few Bermuda's Anna Olivier cuttings last fall and have a bunch of other teas I could start.

  • 19 years ago

    Great, I've already got one going inside now and it's callused over so looks like it should be making roots in about a week. I'm taking 4 more cuttings today and will keep your name. Any chance you have a crepuscule?

  • 19 years ago

    Maureen, I have 3 teas, all small, but I might be able to do something come spring...Mme. Franziska Kreuger, Blumenschmidt and .........well I am sure I can remember the name of it in a few weeks...lol...complete blank right now. LMK if you have any interest in the 2 I named...or a 3rd unknown pink... :-)

    Gerry

  • 19 years ago

    Maureen, I could start some Crep cuttings. I've been meaning to do that anyway because of a question in another thread about rooting noisettes from dormant cuttings.

    Any interest in Madame Alfred Carriere? I have a couple of those already rooted, assuming they survived the recent hard freeze.

  • 19 years ago

    HI Gerry, yes I love MFK (I had to shorten it:-). And when you remember the name of the unknown pink, please let me know.

    Rosyone - Thanks, yes please start Crep for me. And I want MAC also.

    Maureen

  • 19 years ago

    YEAH.......I remember

    Duchesse de Brabant

    It's a common one I know, but one that is supposed to live here...of course this winter finally did set in and we have been having nights hovering around 0-5 degrees above.

    FINGERS CROSSED

    Gerry

  • 19 years ago

    Your funny Gerry. Unfortunately, I had Duchesse de brabant and I gave it to my neighbor. I didn't like it that much. But I definitely want the MFK.

    Hope your feeling good (and warm....brrrr...)

  • 19 years ago

    Hi Maureen,

    Have you had any luck rooting these gems? Just checking, I would love to try to work a trade if you do. I love this rose and I don't think mine had a very happy winter..

    Marleah

  • 19 years ago

    I have bad news....not one of any of my indoor cuttings survived. Talk about a major disappointment. I was so bummed. I'll try a bunch of cuttings later, maybe around June and if any take I'll be glad to send you one Marleah.

    I'm so determined to root roses indoors, it's a challenge now. I MUST root a rose!!!!

  • 19 years ago

    Sorry they didn't root for you, Marlene. That is a rose that I have been wanting very badly. Could I interest you in trading cuttings of it for anything I have here, later in the year? I think it is perhaps easier to mail the cuttings rather than a newly rooted plant.

    I have lots of teas, chinas, noisettes, a few hybrid musks, large flowered climbers, Bermuda Mystery roses, etc. Let me know if you are interested. Email me at: moonbeamATgotskyDOTcom..... I don't think my "update" to my profile was accepted for some reason!

    Allison

  • 19 years ago

    Maureen, maybe I can start some things for you.

    Carla

Sponsored
AIS Renovations
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County, Ohio