PAINTED MOON

{{gwi:1262356}}

WHITE SUCCESS

{{gwi:1262358}}

Here is a link that might be useful: My Albums

Comments (8)

• majenta
    13 years ago

Beautiful roses Beth. Are you very pleased with Calliope?

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    13 years ago

Wow! A lot of great blooms Beth!

• snowheather
    13 years ago

Your collection of roses must be one of the biggest and best in the U.S. You have so many roses that are rare and difficult to find. I wish you would publish a book of your rose photos.

I smiled at your Distant Sounds and Distant Drums. I am sure you have Distant Thunder too!

That's a nice picture of Color Me Pink. Mine hardly ever blooms!

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

Wow!! Lovely!!

Your Mme Driout may be the loveliest rose I've ever seen!!! I adore the look of that rose!!!!!

Ditto what snowheather said about the rose photo book. I would buy it!!

My other favs are Painted Moon, Mother's Rose and Elle.

Thank you, thank you!!

Carol

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

Painted Moon has nice shadings of color. Beautiful bud on Distant Sounds. White Success looks like a good white.

Thank you for the bush shot of Elle. Never knew she had as many color stages.

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Majenta, CALLIOPE is a lovely floribunda that grows rather tall and blooms in nice clusters. I really like it a lot.

Thanks Jim.

Snowheather, I'd love to do a book of my rose photos, but I'm sure I couldn't afford it! There are thousands and thousands of pics from the last 6yrs or so of taking them. And yes I do have DISTANT THUNDER, however it may not be with me much longer. It's almost dead. I planted it in the ground too soon I'm afraid. It was still too tiny. We'll see tho. And COLOR ME PINK hasn't done all that much for me either. It almost died last summer, but made a great recovery this yr.

Carol, MME DRIOUT is a relatively new one for me. Got her a couple seasons ago and she's taken awhile to get going. Grows all lanky and usually hangs her head. This one actually was almost upright! I need to move her somewhere else where she can climb and sprawl all over.

Thanks Irisgal. ELLE has really surprised me this season. That is one big fat new cane that shot up with lots of blooms. They aren't really quite the typical form, and so much range of color. Altho the rest of the plant does do the color changing thing, but the bloom forms are a little different. I wonder if it's a slighty altered sport or something. Guess I'll have to keep an eye on it.

• charlesb
    13 years ago

Lovely collection.

• paulieinct
    13 years ago

Great shots. Love 'Elle'.