Software
Houzz Logo Print
maternut

Saved a Bluebird

20 years ago

Today while laying out in the sun feeding future skin cancer,

something told me to go check on a bluebird nesting box,I

knew there was babies in it. As I got near, I could hear a

bird fluttering inside the pipe that supports the box. The

pipe is 4 inch PVC, somehow the mother had fell inside the

pipe, which is about five foot out of the ground. I had to

pull the pipe out of ground, reach down into the hole and

pick up mother. She was just about dead, after resting in

my hand for a moment she took off on her merry way. This may

sound silly to some, but why did I have the feeling to check

on that box at that time? Oh I stuffed a pine cone in the

pipe. Bird won't fall into pipe again.

Norm

Comments (6)

Sponsored