Software
Houzz Logo Print
katzswoman

Emma Chandlers garden....Wow................!

20 years ago

I knew that there was a daylily garden around here. I had heard the rumors...but my grandmother woke me up nice and early to make sure I went and saw this beautiful place for myself this morning. I called Mrs. Emma and she said sure please come. These people are so sweet and giving of their time and plants. Wow is an understatement.....2 acres of Daylilies. I thought I might be in heaven. 800 plants and only 120 blooming. :( They said please come back...How lucky I am to only be 25 mins away. My grandmother wanted to come but because of having shots in her eye could not come with me today. This couple are a good example of how life should be. I'm sorry if I have not followed the rules but I would think that passing on a good value would benefit us all. And they are the best value around here. By a long yard stick. Is this agaisn't the rules?????

Thanks

Martha

Comments (7)

  • 20 years ago

    It's wonderful that you had such a good time!

    And no, it's not against the rules to advertise a great place -- as long as you have no financial connection to the place (aside from spending money there!). :-)

  • 20 years ago

    Martha,
    I heard about Mrs. Chandler from a gardening friend and plan to visit her this month... with cash in hand. He recommended her to me because I like the spider type daylilies. I am glad to hear that they are as nice as I hoped!

  • 20 years ago

    Thanks Amazindirt for telling me that. And Leighmac she has some awesome spiders. I got my early blooming lilies yesterday. going back next weekend or end of week to get 2 more clumps if I can or just to take pictures. Do you have her number because you need to call her and let her know you are coming out. If not email me and I will give it to you.

  • 20 years ago

    Martha, I do have her #. I won't have any $$ until the end of this month, but I will call her this week because of the early blooms. I can't wait! This weekend, June 11, The Memphis Hemorocalis Society is having a show and sell at MBG, if I recall correctly. Ihope somehow to meet you soon.

  • 20 years ago

    Damg, I missed it leighmac.....:( I look forward to meeting you soon.
    Martha

  • 20 years ago

    Just what I needed! Another reason to fall in love with yet more daylilies! The society show and sale was great. I met several nice people and can't wait to meet them again. Gardening sures brings out the best.

  • 20 years ago

    Leighmac,
    Mrs Emma is donating two of her best for the show in 2008 to the botanical garden. They are so awesome. I stand at 55 daylilies now between her and my Maw Maw. I have 4 of her seedlings that I just had to have. In my mind they don't need to be named to be so lovely.......I got clumps of these seedlings and I mean about 200 pounds between the 4 clumps. One I almost couldn't get out of the car......I have pics just cant figure out my new computer to get them to the site. And I want more.........Someone is selling alot of daylilies on the Memphis garage sell site. They are 4.00 a fan, but Mrs. Emma is lower then that and what quality. Some I couldn't get because they are such big sellers but there is always next year!!!!
    Martha

Sponsored