Software
Houzz Logo Print
smokymist

a Few pictures

21 years ago

I've been pretty darn sick , and just today managed to get back out in my garden to take some pictures. Took way over 50 pics but here are three that stood out in my mind..wanted to share.





Lily 'Casa Blanca'

{{gwi:1288434}}




Remember when we talked about Crinums in East Tennessee? This is my personal favorite. Crinum 'Ellen Bosanquet'.



{{gwi:1288435}}




Pardancanda, yellow Candy Lily



{{gwi:1288436}}

Comments (20)

  • 21 years ago

    What lovely blooms! Thanks for sharing. That Casa Blanca lily is enormous. I hope you feel better soon!

  • 21 years ago

    Sorry to here about you being sick girl. I am sure the flowers will make you feel better. The post about crinums,
    cost me quite a lot, just had to get a collection going.
    One was the Ellen Bosanquet also. Get well soon lady.
    Norm

  • 21 years ago

    How pretty, Cheryl! I LOVE the Casa Blanca lilies. I have a flock of them blooming outside the sunroom. The fragrance is superb! Way to grow!

  • 21 years ago

    Very pretty, Cheryl!! I love your Casa Blanca lily.

  • 21 years ago

    Get Well Soon

    I love those Casa Blanca lilies and have some also. Hope you get better each and every day. Although I don't know the name of this one, may this beauty bring you cheer.

  • 21 years ago

    That is just beautiful !

    Cheryl

  • 21 years ago

    Thanks for sharing your flowers! They are beautiful. The dewey lily is gorgeous. I hope you have a quick recovery and stay well!

    Katie

  • 21 years ago

    Cheryl, Get better soon. Casa Blanca is my favorite lily can just smell them now. Rhonda

  • 21 years ago

    How come ya'll aren't bringin' those to the Swap?

  • 21 years ago

    Wonderful pictures! Cheryl, I'm sorry that you've been sick. I sure hope you are a lot better. The varigated Hibiscus that I got from you is really growing. I put it in a big old pot, so I can bring her in this winter. I just love the color of the leaves, pink, green, white mixed in with both, just great! I noticed my Crinum 'Ellen Bosanquet'was opening it's blooms today also. Maybe I can post a picture tomorrow. Take care of yourself and give my love to Catie and Eric. Blessing to you all, Mona

  • 21 years ago

    Hope you're feeling better. Really enjoyed your pictures and have added that white Casa Blanca to my list of must haves.
    Thought I would share this one with you.

    Raney

  • 21 years ago

    I like the lily/cleome combo.

  • 21 years ago

    What a color! I love these lilies more everytime I see one. thanks for sharing and May God bless you with his loving Grace, Mona

  • 21 years ago

    So I have Cheryl to thank for my variegated Hibiscus! Wow - mine is taking off, too! Very full and bushy, and perhaps 1 foot tall so far. It's amazing how much the shape of the foliage resembles its cousin, the Rose of Sharon (but not the wild colors, of course!)

    Cheryl, do you know the exact genus and species name for this plant? And what kind of care does it want in its pot indoors this winter?

    -Regina

  • 21 years ago

    Dang Cheryl where's mine? I want a hardy Hibiscus too!

  • 21 years ago

    I do believe those variegated Hibiscus originally came from Mel . At the east TN plant swap she had them, then sent what was left on with me to the Middle TN plant swap. Have plants, will travel lol.

  • 21 years ago

    Hey Jeff -- what color of hardy hibiscus do you want? I've got several, including a new one that blooms pink AND white on the same bloom. :-) They seem very easy to root, so just let me know and I'll bring some to the fall swap!

    P.S. -- Yes, I've got a new ID! I kept it similar so as not to confuse people too much, but it's more garden-related. But it's still me! :-)

    Ione

  • 21 years ago

    Doc we'd love to have one.

  • 21 years ago

    For those interested in Crinums, this month's "Southern Living" has a good article on them. (August)

    I live in Maryland, but plan on retiring to Tenn as both my husband and I are both from TN.

    My heart beats faster when I read about plant swaps! My in-laws live in west TN, so we could stop as we pass through. When will the fall plant swaps be?

    Martha

  • 21 years ago

    Martha our Fall Swap is Oct. 15th. Email me at jtoothmanindadj@comcast.net and I'll send you all the info.

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus