Software
Houzz Logo Print
cpuckett

Where can I get this granite and what's it's name?

13 years ago
My Houzz: Colorful Hand Painting Bedecks a Creative Home · More Info

Comments (16)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    there is a slab yard in Dallas called IMC that carries every kind of granite you can imagine - contact a designer to help you select the right style for your home
  • 13 years ago
    What particular name is this granite? I just need a direction to go to start my search for something like this. Thanks!
  • 13 years ago
    That looks like marble to me
  • 13 years ago
    Possibly. However, there are some granites with the veining of marble.Could this be Fantasy white or White Fantasy....
  • 13 years ago
    Quartzite - goes by different names such as Super White or Vermont White. A good fabricator or stone yard can help you locate it. Good luck!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Looks like Superwhite (it's a misleading name!). Here is a photo of a slab from our yard. We are in the NYC metro area.
  • 13 years ago
    It might be called moon night
    I have something similar for my bathroom
  • 13 years ago
    Is super white granite
  • 13 years ago
    Is quartzite more stain resistant than marble?
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Quartzite in NOT more stain resistant that marble. And this is White Fantasy - also called Super White, Princess White, Americana White, Vermont White, White Zito and Wicked White.
  • 12 years ago
    @ International Granite & Marble, Corp. Thank you! I am looking at a very large slab of White Fantasy (Ohio) for a 5 x 9 island (no cutouts/ one level/ one piece) and would really like to know once and for all - What special precautions should be taken? Does it need to be sealed often? Does the veining make it susceptible to breakage with cantilevered overhangs? What should I tell people it is? Granite? So confused.....Please give more info if possible. Thanks again.
  • 12 years ago
    @Avanti Marble & Granite Inc. -- I really apprciate the detailed response to my questions. I'm sure it will be useful others as well.
    I believe I have found a good local company to fabricate this project, but we are really nervous about this since it is the focal point of our new kitchen and also a big investment.
    Thank You very much!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    It is a big investment and relatively permanent, so I understand you being nervous. But as long as you continue getting educated and have realistic expectations, you will be comfortable when you finally decide. I tell my customers, until you get to the point of saying "I can't wait to see the stone installed" you haven't made the right decision yet. I am sure you will love whatever you choose. Good luck!
  • 12 years ago
    We were not able to find a slab of Super White that was as good looking as the one pictured here, but we did find a beautiful piece called "White Ice" that has some awesome Blues in it and I can't wait to see in installed! :) Thanks again for the excellent advice!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    White Ice is a BEAUTIFUL stone you're going to be thrilled with it!