Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
spacechallenged_gw

help/advice air bathtubs

spacechallenged
11 years ago

Hi,
I'm hoping for some suggestions or feedback...
We are adding on to our house and I am trying to select a tub for what will be the master bathroom. I really would like an air bathtub.

It will be undermounted in a corner. I am trying to find an oval shaped tub about 5 1/2'.

I've looked on the internet and was very interested in the Jason tubs with the Microsilk hydrotherapy. I wondered if anyone has any experience with this type of airbath...

Also, we went to a Morrison bathroom showroom and looked at a GemLine airbath tub, which I can't find any information or reviews online about. The Gemline I looked at was 70", so a little bit big but is very reasonably priced. I'd really appreciate any suggestions or feedback anyone can give.

Comments (10)

• sofla
    11 years ago

I have purchased a Jason, forma, rectangle, air masseur. We are undergoing the renovation so have not tried it out yet. It is undermounted and installed but have not powered it yet. I saw it in a showroom before purchasing. I ordered the modern grab bar which looks nice. There have been no complaints from the contractor or plumber on installation. It was not heavy to lift. Arrived in excellent condition. I could not get the microsilk because of the restrictions with access to pumps. I cannot wait to try this tub out.

• spacechallenged
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sofla,
    I would love to know what you think of the Jason airtub after you try it out. Thanks so much for answering.

• Olychick
    11 years ago

I put in a Sanijet and am very pleased with it.

• astridh
    11 years ago

This doesn't answer your question, but I just ordered a Jason LX553 which is oval, 36" wide and 66" long. I just wanted to let you know that it was VERY comfortable in the store, but I won't be able to actually try it out for another month or more. I got the whirlpool, so I won't be able to let you know about the microsilk, but the tub itself is great and the size/shape are right for you.

• spacechallenged
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thankyou olychick and astridh...
    I didn't find any dealers in our area for the sanijet tubs..

astridh ...that is exactly the size tub I need...Morrision's is able to order the Jason tubs.
    I will call Monday to try to get a comparision price and specs on the Jason versus that Gemline tub.
    Thanks again everyone.

• Olychick
    11 years ago

Sanijet is online only unless you live in?? Florida, I think. I felt like I was taking a huge financial risk, but the reviews were good about the company and I really liked their customer service, so I just bit the bullet and did it. The tub is wonderful; the features I liked were: no pipes for water to get moldy; all the jets are run by separate motors that are removable from inside the tub, so no access door is needed. But I just realized you were asking about air jets and these are water jets.

• spacechallenged
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I see. Sounds like a great design for whirlpool tubs. I have a Kohler Archer whirlpool tub in one bathroom and whether or not I use the jets, I fill it and use bleach and dishwashing detergent to clean it routinely. I can see how the sanijet tub is an advantage with no worries on pipes or motor replacement.

I like the idea of being able to use bath oils and stuff in the airbath and since we have a whirlpool tub I thought for resale value, we should have a different type tub in this other bathroom.

I have to keep the budget in mind...the Gemline tub was under 2,000 with an inline heater. I have no idea what the Jason tub runs. I appreciate all the info. Even if the Sanijet tub is not what I'm looking for, someone else may come across this thread one day and it may be something they are interested in. The information on this website is so helpful. Thanks again

• spacechallenged
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Just an update.
    I did alot of calling, searching and pricing...I ended up ordering a Jacuzzi Duetta airbath from faucet direct.com. It was significantly cheaper than if I had bought at the local store with the GC's discount. Faucet direct had them 5% off plus no shipping or taxes. I found the same tub at Quality bath marked 6% off so I asked Faucet Direct if they would match the price and they did. The tub is 66 X 36 and will be about 20 inches deep. It even has chromatherapy, which I think is just two Led lights in the tub, but I thought that would be nice :-) The model is jacuzzi DUE6636 ACR 4CX. One main reason I choose this one is because it has such a low profile deck trim. It's only going to stick up 1/2 inch from the tub deck if mounted as a drop in. I was really wanting to undermount the tub in this new bathroom, but we can save some money tiling the tub deck instead of putting in a solid surface tub deck.
    I got the little curved pillow also and the tub overflow in brushed nickel. :-)

• astridh
    11 years ago

Actually, Sanijet is located in Dallas, Texas.
    I contacted them since I was considering getting one, and they were able to tell me that a bed and breakfast near my home (in California) had installed them. I was considered booking a night just to try it out. Anyone else seriously interested in Sanijet could try to do the same.
    I ended up choosing the Jason instead because I didn't like the look of all of the metal on the inside of the Sanijet, but the easy cleaning was very tempting. Jason was also rated as quieter.
    Be sure to post how you like the Duetta after it is installed!

• spacechallenged
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Just an update...my tub is arriving today. We don't even have a concrete slab yet so it will be stored in the garage for awhile. I will take some pics and post, but won't know what it's actually like for awhile. I hope I made the right choice. I really wanted a Jason Microsilk tub after reading the information about what it does for your skin, but it was gonna hurt our budget too much lol...