vandit_gw

Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?

Vandit

Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee system. Anybody have one? I think the Thermador is it's only competition but is not plumbed in as far as built in systems. Opinions? Starting a new home build and would be nice to add to my kitchen.

• sritacco

I installed the Ariston about 9 months ago and love it. It works perfectly and brews delicious espresso. After researching these machines I decided to only use distilled water in it so that I could avoid decalcification and extend its life. It appears that now even the Scholtes version of this machine is no longer available in the US market. That's too bad because it is compact, well designed and looks beautiful.

• mycoffee1

We have a Dacor Built-in Coffee Maker, and we've had it for 8 years. Fortunately, they keep somehow renewing our warranty - unfortunately, we keep needing to use it. It looks gorgeous with it s stainless steel facade, but much of it is - if you can believe it - silver painted plastic! (like the spigots on the front and its housing unit, as well as several pieces inside connected to actual metal). It is cheaply made, and unreliable. We have had it in our home for 4-5 yrs of the 8 we've had it, as it sits `in repair' with the repair co. for months on end as the parts come from California and are unreliable. Buy anything but this brand. We're refusing further repairs and getting money back to put towards another - but with Dacor -buyer beware.

Mold air test positive remediation recommended-Any advice /experience?

Thank you for your time and ideas! The sheetrock found on the basement concrete floor and the wood open beam/joist ceiling under the main bath a site of an old plumbing leak now repaired are the only sources found in basement where the humidity was found low and all dry as checked by moisture meter. So the mold co. recommended for the basement a remediation following IICRC S520 Protocol. This would consist of setting a containment up at the basement entry with 6 Mil plastic and a triple flap door, establishing negative pressure by setting up negative air machines prior to beginning. Suggests removing the contaminated sheetrock at the bottom of the stairs as well as under the stairs and bag for disposal. The exposed framing material to be damp wiped and treated with an EPA registered disinfectant. The affected wood open beam ceiling in the main part of the basement to be cleaned using HEPA vacuum and damp wiping methods and then be treated with an EPA registered disinfectant. Once remediation is complete suggest setting up a dehumidifier that can maintain a humidity level between 30%-50% at all times. There is crawl space under the addition which was found dry & clean, but for a family of mice! The slight elevation of airborne mold found on main fl was said to be from basement coming up, moisture meter and inspection reveal nothing, however, under a half bath wood vanity there is evidence of an old plumbing leak and mold, so it to will need to be removed. Two old ceiling leaks/repairs show no moisture, however they are both under 2nd fl baths and part of our reno process will be to take ceiling down under both and see if repairs were done properly-if not repair bath plumbing/change out. We are also replacing an inadequate CAC will have all duct work cleaned as we found filters a mess. Did we cover everything would like feedback,your thoughts & any other insights? With Appreciation.

Help on Miele speed ovens

@scooper25 - Our new home has just been finished and we had three Miele appliances installed: the Futura Dimension dishwasher, 36" Gas Range, and a Micro/Speed Oven combo. They all look beautiful in our kitchen and we're about to tackle reading all the manuals to get started. We have a question for you about the Microwave on the Speed Oven...In the manual it says one should always use the 'boiling wand' (provided) when heating liquids in the microwave to avoid the possibility that the liquid may heat up unevenly and cause it to explode and scald the user upon removing the liquid from the oven. An appliance person said Miele recommends the wand to help heat liquids more evenly since there isn't a rotating tray inside the Speed Oven. Do you always use the boiling wand for liquids and if not have you had any problems with hot exploding liquid upon removal from the oven? We could adjust to using the wand but I fear a relative or guest might unknowingly heat up water or coffee without using the wand since it's not usually necessary in an ordinary microwaves with a rotating glass plate...Can you comment on using the boiling wand, or not? We're excited to use our Miele appliances but also a bit nervous about the learning curve in figuring out how to use all the available functions! Any tips are appreciated! ~ @Lois, did you purchase the Miele Speed Oven and how do you like it so far?

Washing Machine Hell. Does it really matter what I choose?!

Thanks everyone for the comments they were helpful. I think I narrowed it down to a Whirlpool Cabrio or Maytag Bravos which are both made by Whirlpool and mostly the same machine with varying features. However, the discount program my home warranty company is offering has so many extra fees that even with the discount and money back offer, the final price ends up being about what I'd pay just going to Home Depot, Lowes, or wherever. So, I might just get the Kenmore repaired and hold off on a new one. The one thing I did find in all this research, jacquelynnmarie, is that they make anti-vibration pads for washing machines. Lowes & Amazon sell them for less than $30. I think I'll try these no matter what brand machine I use. The shaking with the 2nd floor laundry room can get a bit jarring-- even with the balancing feet firmly leveled to limit walking. http://www.lowes.com/pd_273886-67588-13131_0_

Do not buy Miele appliances - unreliable

Alasdair Keith shows as the original posted, not Lois Hartigan. The point I want to make still the same, a handful of random posters on an internet forum vs. the cumulative experience of hundreds of thousands or maybe millions of owners and countless more dealers and service people worldwide. How can you possibly justify the entire English-speaking, high-end appliance buying population of the world base their decisions on your single experience. Discussing faults and failures are fine IMO -- and you seem to have a tremendous number of them, perhaps even a record high number (warped warming drawer, loud fans that run for an hour, a "microwave safe" metal rack that sparks when it is microwaved). What is beyond absurd is the the title and apparently the reasoning behind this entire thread, "I had a bad experience with brand X and therefore I advise no one to ever buy this brand again." The meaning in this is someone thinks they are the sole arbiter of the utility (meaning: design, reliability, longevity) of a specific appliance brand. And in a stretch no reasonable person would or should ever believe, this experience of the one person supersedes that of everyone else. P.S: Below is what the operating manual for the microwave oven I own says. No where do I see Microwave Save. Common sense says a metal rack is not ever microwave safe:
  • sritacco

This is the Ariston installed that I mentioned above. I've been using the machine for almost a year and I love it. It's really a shame it's not available any more because it fits in locations the other built in machines won't.

• chuckreed

i have the cvs 4066 built in coffee maker. i love the convenience but the coffee tastes terrible. i keep the parts clean and have tried many settings. i am using coffee beans that i like. it taste a bit like dirty water (my water is filtered and taste good). any ideas please?? thanks

Nouvel Kitchen and Bath

I am a huge Miele fan myself (and do work in the industry) - a wonderful cup of coffee every morning is what I need and a beautiful fully plumbed (use flex plumbing) with nice LED lights experience always delivers perfection that you would expect from a high-end German appliance. If you own a German car, you would know what I am referring to though when I say "it has it's flaws", such as 1. expensive service 2.finicky when it comes to greasy beans. Otherwise, would do it again in a heart beat. If budget is an issue and you do not like to complicate your life and freestanding Saeco (takes full beans as well) has not let me down in the same 7 years that I have owned both. Miele produces better coffee in my opinion. I also like Nespresso machines that takes pods - another option if you like simplicity and ease of care. Good luck, if you need any other appliance advice, feel free to visit our kitchen showroom in Tysons and we can help you further. This piece of advice is more driven by my personal experiences:)

• sritacco

Nouvel, I find that Miele appliances are nice but still have their quirks. I have their speed-oven and incognito dishwasher. The speed-oven is the only microwave I've ever encountered that requires that you turn it off after it is finished microwaving (or it sits their beeping annoyingly). It does a great job of cooking, but the finishes on the interior of the oven cavity don't clean up well (even the glass tray...). The favorites functions are quirky (sometimes a favorite with a timer doesn't honor the time, yepp it burns toast unpredictably). I still like it a lot, but I think they can get closer to perfection. The dishwasher is disappointingly loud compared to Bosch. That isn't to say it is loud, it isn't, but it is a lot louder than my prior Bosch. I have two Gaggenau cooking appliances as well and honestly, they get closer to perfection. I don't have any complaints about the ovens... maybe the best appliance I've ever owned. The gas cooktop is also pretty darn good... tiny complaint - the mulit-ring burners can have ignition problems at times, but boy does it cook. :-)

• divotdiva2

any new opinions on the built-in Miele? We are interested in the plumbed version although why they have changed the stainless milk container to a (breakable and expensive to replace) glass one is beyond me. I have a Saeco type manual espresso machine, but it takes time and effort to create a cup of coffee or espresso, not want we want first thing in the morning. So it's sitting in the garage for now. Tried a Tassimo - DH did not like due to the lack of coffee pods available in our area, none avail at the grocery and having to go to Bed Bath & Beyond for refill pods. We currently have a Keurig that I hate, I can no longer stand the insipid lukewarm coffee it spits out, and it's constantly clogged. Always running vinegar through it or digging out crud with a paperclip. A few times a week I would like to enjoy a latte or cappuccino instead of a coffee. DH would drink mostly coffee. We don't frequent Starbucks or other coffee shops - much prefer just to drink coffee at home before going to work. Starbucks or McDonalds' coffee is an occasional buy only.

We are not coffee geeks either (just wine snobs) - so the finer esoteric points of this crema over that from another machine will escape me. However we are thinking the convenience of the built-in will be a small pleasure in life over a counter top unit such as the Jura. The steamlined look of the Miele is also a plus. I would value additional input from those who have recently purchased the Miele, as well as updates from folks like movajean who have had one for a few years now. (as this post started in 2012)

• georgibell

We just moved out of this home and into a new one. I loved my Miele!!! Amazing coffee and I cleaned and descaled it when it advised. I have moved into a new home and plan to get another soon. This new house has the Brew Express already built in but they left coffee in the thermos and no water went through it for about 4 months. I have run water through it till I'm blue in the face and have bought another brew express to replace it. (Under $400 at Lowes) But I have told my husband that I eventually will get another Miele (plumbed like the one above). He definitely got his money's worth buying this for me 6 years ago. I don't get coffee when others stop at starbucks. I would wait till I got home to fix mine. Never had any problems with this machine..

• Jo

We have the CVA6805 - plumbed in. We've had it for about a year, and in that time had three or four warranty services. Sometimes it would stop producing milk foam and the overall coffee temperature would be just warm (and a bit disgusting). Last visit from the service guy was about a month ago. Worked fine for 2 weeks, then stopped producing foam again.

I love this machine when it works properly. It's beautiful, convenient, easy to clean and the coffee tastes great (for me at least).

I'm hoping we got a lemon and I'm asking for it to be replaced because this is unacceptable - half the time I get bad coffee. And for the amount this machine costs...this just isn't ok.

• Jo

Just a little update: Miele service guy came on Friday. Spent about 3 or 4 hours trying to fix the machine. Finally he just gave up, took our old machine and told us we're getting a brand new one! Yay for that! He also said that out of all the machines installed, ours has had the most problems. It had abot 300 or so workint hours, which I understand is not much at all. They have one in the showroom that has about 9000 coffees made and it's still going strong (it's where we tested the coffee machine first and it made a really good coffee).

Hopefully more luck with the next one :)

• lapsangtea

yey, glad to hear you are getting a new machine-- all that service in year one after all the money for a coffee machine is just terrible! I'd be pretty peeved. Hope all is well from here on out!

• divotdiva2

thanks to Jo for her update and to georgibell for comments. I hope the new machine is working great, Jo? DH is second guessing the need for the built in but my heart is a little set on it. I want the machine OFF the counter.

• beckergm

We installed the plumbed Dacor coffee maker and microwave in our kitchen 10 years ago. The Microwave broke so many times in the first year they replaced it. After the one year warranty, the new one broke. We just scrapped it and went with a cheap sharp that has lasted all these years. The coffee maker required constant repair. It flooded our cabinets and when Dacor replaced our plumbed unit they said they would not warranty another plumbed unit. They installed a regular unit with a water tank. That has required literally thousands of dollars in repairs. It died a year ago. I just can not put anymore money into the unit. We are now buying the Miele microwave and Miele CVA 6805 coffee system. It is requiring us to rework the cabinets. Wish us luck!

• sritacco

Beckergm, have you considered Gaggenau? I really think it's a better product.

• zippitydoodaday

Jo, thank you for
    your post. I am wondering how you so easily got a replacement for your
    lemon. We have a Miele CVA6805. It is just awful! It has been constantly broken since installation that we had to purchase a backup Keurig coffee maker
    just to have coffee in our home.

The Miele unit will not descale (constant error messages) and
    the coffee is the most weak, dirty-water color and vile-tasting coffee I have
    ever tasted. Technical support on the phone just goes on and on how the
    beans can't be oily trying to pass the buck and blame on me, but I purchased
    the most expensive and freshest beans I could find. Even the field Rep agreed that the beans don't
    look oily. The unit we received is a lemon and they will not fess up to
    it. The guy on the phone said, "I will lose my job if I use that
    word."

The
    next date for a service call will make it a whole month since this unit has been
    broken, and this is a NEW INSTALLATION. To make matters worse, they are
    sending the same Technician who did NOTHING the last time. He actually
    thought the color of the coffee was normal. I wondered if he is a tea
    drinker, because there is nothing normal about the color or taste of this
    coffee.

Miele
    is not taking our problems seriously. Does anyone have any advice about
    how to get proper service from Miele? How do I get them to either fix in
    a TIMELY FASHION a constantly broken machine or replace a lemon?

Has
    anyone else experienced the same problems with the CVA6805? What did you
    do?

Needless
    to say, I would caution anyone from purchasing this coffee machine until you
    see a follow up post from me that this on-going issue has been resolved.

• Jo

It wasn't easy at all. We had about 5 or 6 service calls in the first year. The guy that came for the last 3 calls was a senior technician, and he still couldn't figure out what was wrong. I always had to wait at least 2 weeks (but usually 1 month) for someone to come. This is a normal amount of time from what I've read around for high-end products (and not just for Miele), because there are only a few trained technicians.

It has been just a little over one year with our new unit and I'm happy to report we haven't had any problems, it works great and the coffee is awesome. We did have a software problem when it was just intalled (apparently it had the software of another model), but they fixed that quickly and no problem ever since.

I think you could ask for another technician, at least for a second opinion. Also, the taste/color of the coffee could be because your machine has not been descaled.

I know it's frustrating, and I'm sorry I cannot suggest a better/quicker option for you.

• zippitydoodaday

Thank you for detailing your experience, Jo, and giving me hope that eventually we will have a working machine that makes delicious coffee.

I was hoping that since we reside in Los Angeles the time between service calls would be quicker than 2 weeks (I can understand waiting longer times in remote areas).

To be fair, I was comparing this to my experience with a dishwasher that was declared dead on arrival. Miele was very quick to mitigate that problem, and at that time I was very impressed with their service. Perhaps they put a higher priority on dishwashers then coffee machines, and items that are dead on arrival versus don't work properly.

Until then...I guess its Keurig and patience. I hate disposing all those environmentally unfriendly K-cups, but found a company in San Francisco that makes cups that break down completely, sanfrancisobaycoffee.com

• triciamorgan

I know this is kind of an old story, but I have to say, we've had the plumbed in Miele since we built our house 4 years ago and haven't had any problems. I use Starbucks Espresso Roast beans exclusively and, if I'm honest, this machine is my favorite appliance in the house. If it failed, I would replace it with the same. It is used multiple times a day. Our builder questioned the value, but making my macchiato in the morning is a part of my daily routine that I find to be a simple pleasure that brings me great joy... For what it is worth!

• Jo

I have a question for those with Miele plumbed in coffee machines: do you ever find water under the tray? Or, for example, if you take the tray out to empty it, does it ever drip with the tray taken out?

Mine does, and I'm 100% sure this did not happen with my previous machine that was exactly the same model. They insist it's not a fault and tell me to empty the tray with the machine turned off, or to routinely check and empty the tray every morning before turning it on.

Yeah...that's not going to happen. I didn't pay top dollar for Miele top of the line to jump through hoops to get coffee. Am I wrong on insisting this gets fixed while it's still under warranty?

• DrB477

Doesnt seem right to me,nothing like that with mine.

• Jo

I thought so. Thank you so much!

• sritacco

Here we are in 2018 and I thought I would post an update on the Ariston espresso machine I posted a picture of above. Almost 4 years now and it continues to be a wonderful machine. I've since learned that the "guts" of the machine are actually made by Saeco. I've used distilled water in it from day-one. I had read a few postings about problems with calcification so I thought it would be best to avoid the whole issue. I have the model that isn't plumbed. Scholte had been selling a version of this appliance in the US, but they have also stopped importing the unit. It's a shame. Bosch and Smeg are now both importing machines of similar dimensions.

• Beth Lewis

Doesn't Wolff make a plumbed-in model too? Or should I avoid mentioning that?

• Nick Francone

I have the Miele CVA 6800 Built-in Coffee System not plumbed in. I have owned the coffee machine for 2 years and have problems with the milk not frothing. It doesn't happen on a consistent basis. This is my 3rd coffee machine. They have updated the software and changed the plastic tubing to a different grade. They tell me now that I should do a milk froth using water after making a milky hot drink. Then they tell I should use the cleaning agent after doing a milky drink. The last three times the technician came for service they cannot replicate the problem. I have yet to find a pattern to replicate the problem at this point but I am still trying. Anyone else having any issues with milk frothing. By the way I am using 1% milk.

• mollybonner

We just renovated our home and after falling in love with my brother’s Meile coffee machine, we splurged on the CVA6805 plumbed. We’ve been using it for 3 months and have already had 2 service calls and problems are still not resolved. The first issue was an apparent “known” problem having to do with the milk frother. They replaced a part and then it worked. We had some truly delicious lattes but hardly a week went by before something messed up, usually a clogged hole where the milk container meets the unit. We chalked it up to a learning curve. My husband and I typically only drink one latte each morning each, so 2 a day, and yet the constant cleaning it requires is pretty annoying. But we still love the taste and are trying to get used to it. Next issue started a couple of weeks ago when it was making a really weak cup that tasted more like hot milk. We called for service and they told us our beans are too oily and the grinder is clogged. The tech spent a couple of hours taking the machine out and cleaning the grinder. Afterwards he made a tester latte (with our oily beans) and it tasted wonderful again. We were sad our favorite beans were too oily (from a local coffee place) but ordered a bag of Lavazzo espresso beans from Amazon. The next morning we had to use our oily beans again but this time (the 2nd cup since the technician was here) the espresso portion of the latte was extremely weak and watery. We tried making 3 more espresso servings and two were just light brown water but the 3rd was finally stronger. So we tried the latte again and it was still not great but was drinkable. The next day the machine asked us to descale so we did and also switched to the lavazzo beans and it seemed to work better, although we aren’t loving the taste of the bean. We used Lavazzo beans a couple months ago and they tasted good, so we still think the machine isn’t making good coffee for some reason. We are having to add an extra shot of espresso in our latte to make it taste strong enough so I’m going to have to call them to come out again. SO FRUSTRATED and feeling like we have a lemon.

Really curious if Jo (from earlier posts) had a smoother road with her replacement machine.

My brother has actually had two of these machines in two different houses and he never had problems with one of them and had only small occasional issues with the other one. Based on his experience, I would like to think there is hope that we can get this resolved but I am very weary.

The cost of having this machine goes beyond the $4099 for the unit. We had to build and modify custom cabinetry and run plumbing across the room for it. So this is extremely disappointing.

I’m also hoping to find a different espresso bean with a better flavor. Will try someone’s suggestion of getting Starbucks beans and see if that helps while we wait for the tech to come back. If that doesn’t taste good, we’ll know it’s the machine and will have to pull out our Nespresso machine that never failed us until he returns.

• delray33483

I have the 6805 and had some issues with milk frothing as well. They replaced the milk valve inside the machine and the problems went away.

That being said - the machine absolutely requires the everyday maintenance to be done religiously or it will fail. That means cleaning the milk piping, descaling, rinsing the brew unit etc. The coffee grounds are like toner in an office copier - they will wind up in everything and cause problems. Same with the milk path. Milk fat will clog everything and affect the aeration. If you aren't becoming somewhat annoyed at the everyday service, you probably aren't doing it enough

• Caroline Hamilton

I have had mine for 5 years now and now problems at all. Sorry you are having issues!

• nancyknick84

I’m looking to install a Miele built in coffee machine and have a question regarding the door. The unit will probably be installed at the left end of a cabinet run by a wall. How much space is needed between the wall and machine for the door to open the required amount? The specs on the Miele website doesn’t list and I called their 800 number. The representative said they didn’t have that documentation and suggested I contact a showroom that has an installed unit. Since all the showrooms are closed for COVID19 restrictions, I’m hoping a Miele owner might be able to help.

• delray33483

I have one, just not in front of it anytime soon.....

My guess I that you would need 3 or 4 inches on the left away from the wall. The door does swing out a bit and you need that to get the lower drip tray out. The other internal parts can come out with the door at a 90 degree angle

• nancyknick84

Thanks, I just want to be sure I allow enough room! It would be awful to order cabinetry, get to the end of the project and learn the coffee maker isn’t operational because of a stupid error.

• delray33483

Cant be flush and it is more than a narrow filler strip

• Tim Paul

I hate mine. What a piece of junk. Clunky and difficult to program. Don't buy one of these over priced pieces of junk.

• stansvm

the unit needs to be installed on the right side, or leave a 3" between the unit and wall to allow for the door to swing fully open - even when plumbed, there are lots of internal components that need to be taken out - including a drip tray for servicing and cleaning.

Also - beans are what make this coffee maker shine - illy is the most tasty. we have the built in at home and the counter top at the office. Both use the same brew unit. 30 people using every day, and no probs.

• agk2003

4 years later we still love ours. we use plain old 8 o clock coffee beans. im not sure if miele or the appliance store we visited suggested those but we love it.

• Kate

I would not build in styles and coffee makers change.

• fernandablanco

I purchased a Miele 6805 and have used it 3 times. I made latte macchiato and noticed that they are barely warm. Is this normal or is it supposed to dispense hot?

• Lara

Does anyone know if the hot water dispenser can get hot enough for tea?

• delray33483

there are temp settings for each type of drink. Look through the manual for adjusting the settings. You can also change parameters such as pre brewing, amp of coffee etc.

The water for making tea is hot enough

• Lara

Thanks! The reason I ask is: We are towards the end of a kitchen remodel and had plans to put in a hot water tap next to the sink (we have the fixture already bought). My husband realized that there is already a hot water dispenser on the cva6805 coffee maker. We are ~ 1 week out from the fabricator cutting holes in the slab for the island where the sink is. So this is my last chance to make this decision. I do like tea a lot - especially black tea. From what I can tell is that the Miele only gets to ~ 180 which is great for green, white and probably some oolong teas, but not the best for black or herbal.

• Nelly Orantes

Our Worse decision ever. We installed The machine in September, and we already replaced the unit one time, and three calls for repairs. We love the unit, but it just work for one week and then stop working.

I am frustrated after spending more than $4,000 in a product that doesn’t work.

Coldwell Banker Town & Country Properties

Hi! We’ve had ours for 5 years now without a problem until today. It’s only making hot water? We hear it bringing the coffee, but it’s coming out as clear hot water? We currently have it all apart trying to see what the issue is. We’ve taken really good care of it, but it is heavily used. Just wondering if anyone knows the typical lifespan or number of cups of coffee this machine can make before we should expect to replace?

Sorry, not bringing the coffee, grinding the coffee

And, just for posterity - this machine has made 21,387 cup of coffee to date 🤩

• opaone

Here's a pretty good list of coffee options for those interested. http://localmile.org/cafe/

We got an Oracle Touch this past March and it is a great machine to have.

• Taylor Sher

I just bought the built in Miele espresso machine and I am having a hard time figuring out the perfect settings to make just basic drip coffee. My coffee tastes bitter but the foam on top is the color it should be. I am using high quality whole bean... What am I going wrong? Does anyone have their settings perfected that I can try out?

• Taylor Sher

I just recently purchased the built in Miele espresso machine and I just can’t figure out the settings. My drip coffee is bitter. I am using high quality beans, the foam on top is light brown in color... not sure what I am doing wrong. if you have your settings perfected, will you please share?

• delray33483

a few things

what did you have before?

There is a whole range of coffee that you can buy. You probably have to find one that you like especially if you are coming from pre ground drip coffee makers

make sure the coffee amount in the cup is 5 oz and you haven't adjusted it to make a larger American sized cup

you can change the settings to "pre brew" that allows the coffee to absorb some water before it starts making coffee

only change one thing at a time

• opaone

Bitter is usually too long of extraction so try reducing your extraction time. Can you adjust the grind & tamp pressure? Generally you want a grind+tamp that results in about 9-12 seconds from initial pressure to espresso first coming out and then 20-25 seconds of pour for a total extraction time of 30-35 seconds. These all vary by bean, roast and batch so if you cannot adjust them then finding a bean & roast that most often results in these might be your only option.

Keep in mind that these Miele machines do not maintain the pressures and temperatures of regular espresso machines nor do they use a proper tamped puck so it's difficult/impossible to get a good shot from them. For a semi-automatic a Breville Oracle (regular or touch) is a better option.

• Melvin

CVA 615 Miele, manufactured 2004. 39,000 brews later - still brewing great coffee. I have noticed that 'quality' beans are variable. It is all in your particular taste. Some bean/machine combinations just seem to work better than others. Recommend you find a bean product and stick with it. I rarely (..never..) use other options such as steaming milk. strickly espresso. had the service people around twice in the past decade - I don't know how many brews are left - but love the machine. Would definitely get another Miele. If I get to 40,000 brews that works out to $0.10 a brew. Some might call that value for money....

• sritacco

My Ariston is still going strong too, 6 years later. The "brew group" in the machine is made by Saeco. I don't use the machine daily, but I do use it quite often. I had read reviews saying the machine had some trouble with hard water so I've only used distilled water in it. I'm very happy I built it into my kitchen