Software
Houzz Logo Print
chrispmoto

Brewmaster built in coffee machine

19 years ago

Has anybody had any experience with these? They look pretty slick. We just finalized our appliance deal(thank you to everyone here) and I couldnt resist this coffee machine for my wife. It was 700$, and I cant find any reports on it. I havent bought it, yet, but I am for sure leaning towards it.

Ciao.

Comments (7)

  • 19 years ago

    Can't comment on the brand, but I'd say definitely go for the built in. My DH got me a great Gaggia espresso maker for Christmas last year that grinds your beans and everything. But it's not connected to a water supply and the thing seems to ALWAYS need water. It's a major PITA, and if it wasn't for the fact it was a gift, I would just use my stop top Italian epresso maker. Low tech, but low fuss! Seems like I'm always futzing with this one, everytime I want a coffee.

    Of course it's not really that often, but you know how these little irritants can spoil our enjoyment of something?

  • 19 years ago

    Oops - that should have read stove top espresso maker, not stop top. ;-)

  • 19 years ago

    We're installing a Bosch plumbed coffee/espresso maker in our new kitchen, and we're really excited for it. I'm not familiar with the Brewmaster built-in coffeemaker. Do you have a link to it?

    The Bosch only makes coffee by the cup. The only plumbed coffee maker I've seen that makes it by the pot doesn't have a grinder, and that's more important to us than being able to make it by the pot, but I'd be interested if anyone knows of any plumbed built-in coffee makers that also have built-in grinders (yes, we want it all!). Thanks.

  • 19 years ago

    The link is www.lancelarkin.com

  • 11 years ago

    We just did a complete kitchen remodel......they installed a BrewExpress, plumbed, 10-cup coffee maker (w/o grinder, although I believe they make a model w/grinder).....has been admittedly only 6 months.....but we LOVE IT.....the carafe is thermal, which was intially a concern, but we love that there are no "hot parts".....and if you're like us, the 10 cups has NO TIME to get cold!....I have, however, consumed coffee that sat in the thermal carafe for 4-5 hours....still piping hot.....the simplicity, even without the grinder, of putting the grounds in and pushing a button suits our lifestyle to a tee......the plumbed feature is GREAT, and this unit saves a LOT of counter space.

  • 11 years ago

    I have had a Brew Express since the original model was introduced about eight years ago. It performs flawlessly. There are definitely fancier units on the market; but, for just brewing good coffee, it fills the bill for me. If I want an espresso or flavored coffee, I enjoy the experience of going to a Starbucks or a locally owned coffee shop.

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    I love me my Brew Express, flawless coffee maker. Just makes good coffee. In our house we do between 3 and 6 pots a day, everyday. Not having to transport water is the bomb, also since it's plumbed you can run pot after pot w/out waiting. Only thing that would make it better would be an auto basket emptier, never heard of one of those :) A grinder would be nice but would probably make it bigger and add more things to go wrong. I don't mind grinding, the grinder sits right beside the pot so it's not a big deal.

    Actually these are the 1st posts I've seen where others have admitted to owning one. I've only had mine 2 years but for the $$ if it completely failed tomorrow I'd buy another.