Our CC 48" range (propane) was finally up and running this past week. This is a new build and we moved in 4 days prior to Christmas. Our four sons and two DIL's arrived just in time to spend the week cooking and eating so we really put it to the test.
I opted for black/6burner/grill, and a matching black barrel hood from Modernaire both purchased through Trevor despite being 100's of miles away. I couldn't pass up the customer service and helpful advice he's offered both here and on his website and his prices were as good as any online aj madison etc.
The range arrived well packed and no problems with fit, finish etc. For anyone angsting as I was over how to get it in place without destroying the Marmoleum floors or cabinets, I'd like to suggest that our GC's idea of renting a piano dolly was the ticket to simple installation.
At first trial, two burners were roaring infernos and I immediately consulted the online videos to learn how to adjust the air shutters. The owners manual would have been of no help for this, but thanks to the video on the Eurostoves website it was easy to fix.
I've never cooked on gas so was a bit apprehensive. I'm not a professional chef just a hobbyist who loves to cook and eat. Over the course of the week, I've had perfect results on every dish cooked in everything from All-Clad, Le Creuset, cast iron, Magnalite and some cheap tinny saucepans that were in our RV before we managed to locate the boxes with the good pans. Also no problems with my smallest skillet or saucepan.
Simmer is great on all six burners. The heat is perfectly even across the bottom of every pot that I've put on it. Soups (even super thick cream of potato), sauces, brown rice, steel cut oats for 2 (and for 10), gravy, jambalaya, .... nary a problem. I'd thought that a wok ring was included, so I'll need to look into this, but even without, my orange beef was 5 star quality.
I've got no clicking and may try to locate a tiny screwdriver just to see if I can get at least one burner to go even lower. I'm not sure whether I need the new simmer burner or not. I think my only need for the new simmer burner would be if I wanted to hold something for hours at just a warm level.
I've only used the grill three times, but it heated evenly, was fun to use and the hood performs as expected.
Re the oven, it's too early to tell much, as the repertoire has been pie, Christmas turkey and a few simple veggie casseroles. So no real test of rise and browning.
Due to the lack of an oven thermometer (still packed away somewhere) and large amounts of bourbon milk punch being consumed by all in the kitchen on Christmas Day, it could be that the seemingly excessive time that the turkey took to cook was due to operator error and not the oven temp being off. :)
The only problem so far is with the main oven knob which after a few uses no longer needs/can be pushed in to activate before turning. It just swivels which is a bit dangerous as it's way to easy to accidentally turn the oven on inadvertently.
I wrote on an earlier post about my confusion with my burner heads and am still baffled by why mine don't come apart. I've pulled and twisted to no avail. It's all one big mass of iron. The ignitors are different from others too and don't seem to be adjustable.
The oven fan is something new to me and I'm a bit of peace and quiet freak but it's not bad. Just a low hum and I keep thinking that I've left the fan hood on low.
So a long review to say that other than a minor adjustment of the air shutter to two of the burners, the CC is a great machine and I've been having a blast cooking on it. My fingers are crossed that I'll get the oven knob fixed easily and that my oven temps aren't off too badly. I'd never have found either the Culinarian or Trevor if it weren't for GW so I'm grateful to the help I've gleaned from here over the years.
Here's a photo taken one evening... sorry for the crummy lighting. BTW the hood is 36" above the stove which has been perfect both for me (5'7" and for my husband at 6'7 and four equally tall sons.)
And here is a shot of the ignitor set up and one piece burner assembly in case anyone has anyone has any insight into whether I've got something new going on.....
jscout
jolb57
Related Professionals
Louisville Kitchen & Bathroom Designers · Salisbury Kitchen & Bathroom Designers · Huntington Kitchen & Bathroom Designers · Greenfield Kitchen & Bathroom Designers · Elmira Kitchen & Bathroom Designers · San Diego Kitchen & Bathroom Designers · Hot Springs Bathroom Remodelers · Dover Bathroom Remodelers · Sarasota Bathroom Remodelers · Hagerstown Bathroom Remodelers · San Antonio Bathroom Remodelers · Huntington Bathroom Remodelers · Palm Desert Bathroom Remodelers · Winona Kitchen Remodelers · Cornwall Kitchen Remodelers