Software
Houzz Logo Print
fieldser

range hood help

18 years ago

For some reason, the range hood has been the most complicated thing for me in our kitchen remodel. I'm just overwhelmed by the choices and what we need.

We're redoing our kitchen, I bought a 36 inch ge induction cooktop and need help in what I need for the range hood.

There will be a 42" cabinet above the cooktop. the cabinet is designed to have the hood go under and be hidden.

I went to our local kitchen store and they reccomended a dacor range hood that would be inset. They quoted price for everything I would need was about 1200. That seemed high to me.

We're primarily DIY type people.

The cooktop is on an outside wall so I'd like it to vent to the outside. We do have a good electrician for the heavy work.

I was this hood and didn't know if it would work for what I needed. It's only 400 gfm, but I didn't think I needed much cfm with the cooktop being an induction. I was concerned that the sone rating was a 9.

I don't want to spend a ton of money on the hood; but want one that we'll actually use. If it's too loud, I would tend not to use it.

http://www.broan.com/display/router.asp?ProductID=100028

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions