Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maco57

Goodman air conditioner????

MaCo57
11 years ago

It appears that our central air is on it's last legs. Our local contractor was going to give us some bids on a Goodman unit.....I have never heard of this brand and I can't find any reviews online...any advice/comments would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments (7)

• mike_home
    11 years ago

Goodman equipment has had a long history of problems. In recent years it has been reported the quality has improved, but the installing contractors for whatever reason do a poor job of installation.

Do a search of "Goodman problems" on this forum. I have added a link for reviews of Goodman AC equipment. I have no direct experience, but I have read enough bad stories to stay away for this equipment.

Here is a link that might be useful: Goodman AC reviews

• heatseeker
    11 years ago

bad goodman bad. Plenty of negative reviews on internet.

• neohioheatpump
    11 years ago

There are other good brands out there that don't cost a fortune. There are other brands made by the major companies I would rather have than goodman personally.

• rickymartin85
    10 years ago

Goodman air conditioners are best in class and at affordable prices and hence, they are also the most popular brand when it comes to air conditioners. Each AC unit is made of excellent quality parts and the coolants used in these AC units are environmentally safe as they do not contain ammonia or chlorine. They have artificial refrigerants that make these AC units safe for you as well as for environment.

Here is a link that might be useful: Here is the link to know more about Goodman Air Conditioner

• mike_home
    10 years ago

"AC units are environmentally safe as they do not contain ammonia or chlorine. They have artificial refrigerants that make these AC units safe for you as well as for environment."

This is good to know. Can you list the names of manufacturers which use ammonia or chlorine in their AC units?

One of Goodman's biggest issues is allowing sales over the internet. Putting a stop on this practice would be the first step in improving the product and customer satisfaction.

• Bud_C
    9 years ago

I had a Goodman 14 SEER central unit in my newly build home, and only got 4 summers use out of it before it "died." I didn't want one, but was force to get it by my builder (which is another story).

Go with an American Standard. If not, then a Trane or Rheem.

You get what you pay for in this case. Goodman is ranked at the bottom of the list in Consumer Reports (next to York and Lennox).

Goodman was bought by Amana and they make crappy AC's also.

• lsst
    9 years ago

Our house is 10 years old and we have had to replace both our Goodman units.
    One died at 5 years -3 months out of warranty and the second quit at 7 years. Our builder recommended Goodman. What a mistake!

We replaced them with Carrier brand units.
    At our last home, we had two Carrier units and they both were going strong when we sold the house. At that time the units were 13 years old.