beekeeperswife_gw

Upholstered Headboard--Anyone make one?

beekeeperswife

Redoing my 20 year old's room. Not much time left, she will be back in a week. All the walls are primed, wish I could decide to go with a regal purple that doesn't look crazy, or a safe gray and use lots of purple in the bedding, and accessories...but anyway:

Currently there is a 4 poster hand made Amish Shaker Style Queen size bed in that room. Only because it can't go anywhere else. It used to be in the mbr but we have moved up to a KS a few years ago. Being so tall, storing it in the basement is NOT an option.

After looking at many many photos, I think an upholstered headboard will set the classy-glam look she wants. So rather than going out and spending mucho dinero on one, I've seen them being made on design shows. Anybody here ever do it? How hard?

(If you are in the Philadelphia CL viewing area, there may be a QS 4 Poster, custom bed up for sale soon.)

-Bee

PS--tile contest ends tomorrow