Software
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19715097

Single Basin (Bowl) Sink Question

15 years ago

We still have to purchase a sink to go with the new kitchen, and I would like a single basin, undermount, about 30 inch wide and at least 8 inches deep, stainless steel, and reasonably priced (tall order, I know). For you single-bowlers out there, which brand did you buy, and would you buy it again?

Comments (13)

  • 15 years ago

    I bought the Ticor single bowl stainless steel sink. It seems to be great. I have had it for almost two years. The price was reasonable. Good luck.

  • 15 years ago

    I just purchased a Kraus 32" single bowl stainless but I know they have a 30" as well. It isn't installed yet but it arrived yesterday and is beautiful! Depth is 10", I purchased it online on faucetsdirect.com, pricing was really good.

  • 15 years ago

    Beth, I hadn't heard of Ticor, thanks for mentioning it. It sounds great if you still like it after 2 years.
    Laur, I think we could go up to 32, the sink base is 36. Will have to measure though. Wow, 10 inches deep, I think I would like that!

  • 15 years ago

    Here's the one I got and Galaxy was great to work with. When I ordered mine was sold out but the salesperson made sure it was shipped the same day as it came back into the warehouse. It arrived just in time for templeting the counters. I called my order in. Love the accessories too.

    Nancy

    Here is a link that might be useful: Tricor sink from Galaxy Tool

  • 15 years ago

    Wizard, that's a good looking sink! So 2 votes for Tricor, so far. :o)

  • 15 years ago

    I really wanted the drain in the corner so I wouldn't block it with stuff. Love that feature!

    Here is a link that might be useful: Franke sink

  • 15 years ago

    We ended up with Silgtranit, but right before that we were just about to get one of the Kraus stainless single bowl sinks. We liked the Kraus because (a) it's 16 gauge (many of the other sinks we saw were thinner 18 gauge), (b) has offset drain, (c) the corners are small, almost zero radius (we didn't want zero radius, we wanted close to zero radius), (d) the reviews on Overstock, (e) the sink came with grid included (other sink brands charge $50-80 for the grid), and (f) the price. We did buy a Kraus faucet, and the faucet quality is excellent. If the sink is made as well as the faucet, I would recommend Kraus stainless sink.

    Having said that, if your budget is bigger, and you have a 33" cabinet, that Franke sink that Marcydc linked looks fabulous. I think it's $700-800. Love a corner drain; sinks with corner drains are hard to find.

  • 15 years ago

    In my previous post, I meant to link the Kraus sink. I believe it's the same 32" one Laur66 mentioned above, the KHU-100-32. I'll link to the Overstock listing, cause it includes reviews from people who purchased it there.

    Kraus KHU-100-32 stainless sink

    Overstock also sells the sinks paired as a combo with Kraus faucets, and they're good deals.

  • 15 years ago

    Marcy, that's beautiful, but a bit above our budget. :o)
    alwaysfixin, thanks for the Kraus faucet tip, we need one of those as well. Off to google...

  • 15 years ago

    We chose a Blanco 441024. It's 9" deep. We also got the optional grid. Be carefull about going with too deep a bowl and also keep in mind that if you're going to use an undermount sink you are adding 1 1/4 to the depth of the sink.

  • 15 years ago

    willtv, is the grid to keep the sink from scratching? I was thinking 9 or 10 inches for depth. We now have 8, and a couple more inches would sure be nice.

  • 15 years ago

    I got the appliance guy to thrown in the kitchen sinks!

    Of course my appliances weren't cheap... So i'm sure he still made out just fine.

  • 15 years ago

    Petra,

    The grid helps to protect the bottom of the sink as well as effectively decreasing the depth by about an inch.

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Franklin Cnty OH