Software
Houzz Logo Print
jesker

Matching finish on light fixtures in open concept area, or not?

13 years ago
We are in the process of shopping for light fixtures for our newly remodeled open concept kitchen and living area. Normally our design taste runs very much on the earth tones, so as I browse, all the bronze finish fixtures appeal to me. But with the stainless steel appliances and brushed nickel tall faucet on the sink in the island, my husband suggested using brushed nickel fixtures over the island. Makes sense and would look great there. So, my dilemma is mixing and matching. The kitchen table will be in the corner of the "L" of the open area, so if kitchen island lights are nickel, and living room/hallway fixtures are bronze, could I go with bronze fixture over the table? There are plenty of lines of lighting where I could get coordinating fixtures for island and table, but if I want different finish would it accentuate the different finish to have same line? Maybe better to keep the island pendants distinct from the light over the table?

Comments (2)